Hi all, new and need some advice!

Riggs
Riggs Posts: 2
edited August 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hi all,

I am not 'new' to the world of mountain biking but the last time I was active on a bike was when I was 20, I am now 31! :shock:

I am currently going through the 'bike to work' scheme thingy where I can get a bike for quite a discounted price. The chosen store from my company is Halfords. A colleague of mine has a GT avalanche that he bought 4 month ago but is now going through this scheme and is going for a bike called (I think) a Boardman pro something... £999.99....

Needless to say, I am not going to be spending that kind of money! I think he is nuts! haha! he only just spent £500 on the GT! lol! he wants a 29er now tho.. I need some advice as i have been out of it for soooo long! I am 6ft so not sure on frame size, but also do want a 29er... I am looking at this voodoo Bizango at the mo and liking it a lot! I would like to know what size frame would you recommend and any advice on the jargon would help.. i.e fork... wtf?!... :oops: :lol:

I am looking at a price tag of 600 really, obviously with the discount its a lot cheaper, so does anyone have a different suggestion to the voodoo or am I on the right track? (no pun intended) :)

Thanks in advance all!

Brian.

Comments