Injured rider at LVRC race

Patron
Patron Posts: 6
edited August 2014 in Amateur race
Does anyone know how the rider is who got taken out by a Deer in the LVRC road race in Essex yesterday? It looked really bad. He was down being tended to by Paramedics for a long time before they got him in the ambulance. We passed the scene 3 times on an 8 mile circuit so about an hour before he was moved. I was just in front of the accident and although i never saw it the sound was sickening. I believe a few riders came down but one poor guy must have taken a direct hit. It shook everyone up a bit. Hope he is ok and makes a swift recovery.

Comments

• His team mates visited him in hospital, and he isn't too bad. Was horrific at the time. Deer ran off without even apologising as well.
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    I think everyone knows the standard of deers over the last few years has gone downhill. Maybe the forestry commission should introduce a accreditation system before deers are allowed to roam.
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    Everbody kno the plural of deer is deer.

Getting back to the point, is the guy who was hit ok? I may have imagined it, but didn't Christian House break his collarbone when he was knocked off by a deer (or some deer) in Richmond Park?