New here!

Anton1985
Anton1985 Posts: 5
edited August 2014 in MTB beginners
Hello all...

I'm new to these forums, thought i would find a MTB forum as am getting into the MTB massively!

I rode MTB mainly for school and commuting to work from the age of 10 up to 20 then i passed my driving test and riding was forgotten.

Having gotten a more inactive job and adding some weight i bought a Carrera Vengance 2014 model and have been out on it 5x a week for past 3 months on the TPT mainly and now finding DH trails and Harder XC stuff. Fitness has improved and lost some weight but now i'm starting to hit some harder trails local to me and wondering if this budget bike will handle them.

Don't get me wrong for £280 this bike has been awesome for me i can't fault it but its always in the back of my mind that's its a lower end bike and i'm 15st and not shy to tackle harder trails that i almost certainly shouldn't be doing at my skill level!!

I'm in two minds weather to buy a buy a new bike now around the £1000 mark or wait till xmas and try get a 2nd hand bargain when everyone is selling there old for new??

Aslo i live in Doncaster and found some trails in conisbrough some nice but short dh runs. Aslo try to hit Sherwood Pines twice a month. Any other places local or with in an hours drive i can hit?

Comments