Groupset question for Cannondale Supersix Evo HM

Capt.Ramjet
Capt.Ramjet Posts: 32
edited August 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi,

I’ve just bought a Cannondale Supersix Evo HM frame and am about to build it up. I’ve been planning to buy a Shimano DA 9000 groupset for the build, but I’m now having second thoughts. The frame seems more suited to a SRAM build – to avoid messing with BB30 adaptors if nothing else.

Looking at the Red 22 groupset options at Shiny Bikes (seems to be the best price) I see the following BB choices:

1) BB30 press fit cups standard bearing
2) BB30 bearing assembly standard bearing

Can anyone advise the difference? What is the right one for my bike? Many thanks…
'14 Supersix Evo HM
'13 Defy 0

Comments

• banditvic
    banditvic Posts: 549
    I have a Hi mod with Sram C/set and Dura ace 9001 shifters and mechs. In all honesty I would stick with Sram but I prefer it having tried Shimano. Just my opinion even converted the wife a long standing Shimano lover. 9000 super smooth but prefer the mechanical click of Sram. Nothing wrong with either Sram Lighter Shimano cheaper.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Is it cheaper at Fudges? http://www.fudgescyclestore.com/index.php?p=276603 ...easy to see the options there, BB30 chainset and BB30 press fit ceramic BB.

If unsure, call Fudges if they are same or cheaper than shinybikes, better service, and just ask them any questions on the phone that you want to understand for peace of mind.

(Personally, I'd get a Shimano DuraAce Cassette and Chain to go on it though with a KMC quick link).
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    Campagnolo.

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • Go SRAM but get the SISL2 chainset
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • jakefh
    jakefh Posts: 2
    2p.

I've got a SISL2 with Campag on mine, and I cannot fault it.