Whyte T129 or Zesty TR 329?

justaride?
justaride? Posts: 2
edited August 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hello people

Should I get the Whyte T129 (not the S or Works) for £1450 or the Lapierre Zesty TR 329 for £1600 with free vault pedals?
My instinct is to go for the Zesty. If you look at the RRP's the Zesty was/is £2300 and the Whyte £1700.
The Forks are similar I think but I believe the Zesty has a CTD rear shock with 3 adjustable options and the Whyte has just lockout. I may be wrong on this.

That said, the reviews of the Whyte are excellent across the board, sounding like the type of ride I'm after in a 29er but I haven't seen one in the flesh.
I've trawled for reviews of the zesty but there are no real ratings/ride descriptions from independents available just descriptions and shops own blurbs. I have seen the Zesty in the flesh 3 weeks ago and loved the look of it but it was way out of my range then.

So people, is this a no brainer or can I find nobody raving/reviewing the Zesty 329 for a reason? What are your experiences of the bikes and what would you do?

Cheers

Comments

• isto
    isto Posts: 2
    I have the T129 and I really can't fault it. Really confidence inspiring bike that I would definitely recommend. I wouldn't worry too much about the rear shock only having lockout as it is really easy to pedal uphill.....also judging by some of the comments on the CTD system on this site I wouldn't let that sway your decision either.