Schwalbe one tubeless

paul1000
paul1000 Posts: 190
edited August 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi, anyone using these tyres, if so how do they come up size wise, I use 4000s 23's which come up 25, tried 25's and there was next to no clearence on the forks, it's the profile which is tight not the width, don't want to make an expensive mistake. Cheers

Comments

• janesy
    janesy Posts: 148
    I really rate them. I've used many race tyres!
    I'm using 25mm HED Ardennes + wheels and the 25s came up massive. My bike has clearance for 28mm. I had to replace them and get 23mm. They come up at 25.

On my narrower wheels the 23s are more like what they should be.

But like I said, best tyres I've used by a mile.
    Ritchey Road Logic - Focus Izalco Chrono Max 1.0 TT
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    I use the clincher type 25mm and they are great tyres. Are you intending racing in them or training? I would forget using them every day as they re not designed to last long and cut up quite easily on poor road surfaces.
  • defride
    defride Posts: 277
    I run One 23's, cracking tyres. I've not measured them and haven't tried Conti's but would suggest they come up on the larger rather than smaller side. They're much bigger volume than Hutcheson 23 and a little wider than Maxxis 23.

While they'll cut much like any tire they're much better in this respect than Ultremo, I've been riding them since June in an area strewn with flint and hawthorn and they're in good shape going strong.