Garmin Edge with GPS

jeannot18
jeannot18 Posts: 720
edited August 2014 in Road buying advice
Which one should I get? Looking to get a second one, i want cadence too (which i think most of them do anyway). I was looking also at the MIO Cyclo 505. I obviously don't want to spend a fortune. Would a 705 suffice to my needs (Cadence, plotting route a necessity)
Thanks
J
Pédale ou crève
Specialized Elite Allez with 105
Rockrider 8.1 : )

Comments

• DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    I would recommend either a garmin 800 or a mio 305.

Garmins have a bigger following, and you can get maps for free.

The mio is a fair bit cheaper (under 200 with HR and cadence) and the screen is supposed to be better.
    Red bikes are the fastest.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    jeannot18 wrote:
    Which one should I get? Looking to get a second one, i want cadence too (which i think most of them do anyway). I was looking also at the MIO Cyclo 505. I obviously don't want to spend a fortune. Would a 705 suffice to my needs (Cadence, plotting route a necessity)
    Thanks
    J

A 705 will do exactly what you want. It does mapping, elevation, cadence, speed, heart rate etc. The only thing with it is you will need to plug it into a computer to uplaod rides and download courses/routes. As you can get them cheaper than a comparable 800/810/1000, I'd say go for it.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • jeannot18
    philthy3 wrote:
    jeannot18 wrote:
    Thanks
    J

A 705 will do exactly what you want. It does mapping, elevation, cadence, speed, heart rate etc. The only thing with it is you will need to plug it into a computer to uplaod rides and download courses/routes. As you can get them cheaper than a comparable 800/810/1000, I'd say go for it.
    Thanks, it's what i thought, just would have to find a decent one
    J
    Pédale ou crève
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Try Handtec. They have ones returned from front line retailers. These are new devices that have just been superseded by more modern versions.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • jeannot18
    philthy3 wrote:
    Try Handtec. They have ones returned from front line retailers. These are new devices that have just been superseded by more modern versions.
    Thanks, though the prices are a bit stiff
    J
    Pédale ou crève
  • Don't rule out the Bryton Rider 60. Replaced my old 705 with one and absolutely no regrets (especially as it was about £200 cheaper than the equivalent Garmin device)
    There's no such thing as too old.
  • jeannot18
    Don't rule out the Bryton Rider 60. Replaced my old 705 with one and absolutely no regrets (especially as it was about £200 cheaper than the equivalent Garmin device)
    They don't easy to get hold of, and price wise they come level with the competition unless you know a shop that sell them cheaper. Thanks anyway
    J
    Pédale ou crève
  • I ordered mine from France...£251 incl. European maps, HRM & speed/cadence sensor (incl. p&p) and it was delivered within 48 hours even though the order was placed on a Sunday.
    There's no such thing as too old.