Canyon owners advice

i777
i777 Posts: 6
edited August 2014 in Road buying advice
Interested in buying a new Canyon - probably a Carbon SLX..although may look at an Aeroroad.
Is anyone running a Stages power meter on the SLX (or Aeroroad)? - I have one and would want to use it
on the new bike but need to check on the clearance to the chainstay. Looking at the website pics of the SLX, I would say there is plenty of clearance (need at least 10mm from crank arm to frame) - but would be nice to have it confirmed.
I've tried the Canyon UK office, but they haven't replied to email and they never answer the phone!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• i777 wrote:
    Looking at the website pics of the SLX, I would say there is plenty of clearance (need at least 10mm from crank arm to frame) - but would be nice to have it confirmed.

Confirmed.
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • i777
    Cheers CP - btw, is that 'confirmed' a Stages crank fits?....or 'confirmed' it's got at least 10mm clearance?
  • i777 wrote:
    Cheers CP - btw, is that 'confirmed' a Stages crank fits?....or 'confirmed' it's got at least 10mm clearance?

It fits. No probs at all.
  • Dodger747
    Dodger747 Posts: 305
    I don't have a Stages, but for an idea of clearance [visually in addition to the above] here's my picture of the new Garmin cadence sensor...

photo1%281%29.jpg
    VO2 Max - 79 ml/kg/min
    W/kg - 4.9
  • Why would you need a cadence sensor and a power meter?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • i777
    Good news that the clearance is fine for a Stages crank - thanks chaps.
    The frame looks chunkier than I expected in the pic though.
    This is the guidance from Stages re. frame fit -
    http://www.stagescycling.com/StagesCycling/images/crankclearancenotext.jpg
  • Why would you need a cadence sensor and a power meter?

No one is suggesting that you do but it's......

So you know how fast you're going on your Turbo :D
  • i777 wrote:
    I've tried the Canyon UK office, but they haven't replied to email and they never answer the phone!

Confirmed!
  • i777
    Sorry to drag this up again, but just as I was about to order a new SLX I happened to be chatting to a fellow club member who said he knows a rider who fitted Vectors to his SLX as the Stages would not fit (due to insufficient clearance between crank arm and chain stay). Now I am confused. - doesn't help that I get nowhere with Canyon support.
    To the chaps who replied before - have you actually fitted a Stages to an SLX? - or do you just reckon it will fit?
    To anyone else - if you have fitted one, or at least tried it - does it work?
    Cheers for any further help.
  • i777 wrote:
    Sorry to drag this up again, but just as I was about to order a new SLX I happened to be chatting to a fellow club member who said he knows a rider who fitted Vectors to his SLX as the Stages would not fit (due to insufficient clearance between crank arm and chain stay). Now I am confused. - doesn't help that I get nowhere with Canyon support.
    To the chaps who replied before - have you actually fitted a Stages to an SLX? - or do you just reckon it will fit?
    To anyone else - if you have fitted one, or at least tried it - does it work?
    Cheers for any further help.

I have stages (DA9000) fitted to my CF SLX. No issues whatsoever.
  • i777
    Thanks CP - that's great to know. No idea what this other guy was on about then!!