LEJOG

supergrass
supergrass Posts: 123
edited August 2014 in Tour & expedition
Hi,

im looking at doing Lands End - John O' Groates next year in roughly 9 days.. I want to do it with a proper company so we get support and stuff carried etc. Best one ive come across comes in at £1600 each!!!... Can anyone recommend a cheaper company ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• milleman
    milleman Posts: 181
    Not seen any for much less than that, maybe go with a charity funded one, just need to raise the minimum sponsorship amount.

Can thoroughly recommend the trip, just finished mine and it was one of the best things I have ever done!.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Pay some friends to support?

A couple of us did the JOGLE last year in 7 days and we had either his partner or my dad support and as we encouraged them to go off for the day and not wait around - they too had fun
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    matthew h wrote:
    Pay some friends to support?

A couple of us did the JOGLE last year in 7 days and we had either his partner or my dad support and as we encouraged them to go off for the day and not wait around - they too had fun

Friends of mine did it that way and had a blast, they camped but had a motor home as the support vehicle. Think it worked out as about £400 a pop.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.