Apartment roof off + torrential storm

paul.skibum
paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
edited August 2014 in The Crudcatcher
So I live in an apartment unit in Whistler. Nothing fancy, but its home. Apartment management company organised for roof to be replaced this summer. For some reason the contractors decided that the long lazy summers days of July and early August were not the best time to do it and picked last Monday to start.

The weather forecast for the week has been on the downward trend with rain and showers predicted yesterday through to Saturday.

I had to trya nd sleep through them working directly above my bedroom this morning, went out for a ride in the afternoon, had an afternoon nap (I work nights) with them still banging around then went out early evening. Came home after dark in what has to be the heaviest downpour I have witnessed in a while (complete with thunder and lightening) only to find that downpour outside equates to downpour inside.

Had to leave water running down walls and dripping into buckets and head to work - luckily the weather has cleared and we dont seem to have had any more rain but I have to say I am royally pee'd off with this turn of events.

I shall spend a day tomorrow talking with insurers and shouting abuse at people.
Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.

Comments

• lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Not good. It's always disappointing when "becoming stern" is the only way around a situation like this but it does seem that common sense (the most inappropriately named gift ever) long since departed.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Do you rent the apartment or is it yours? If you rent it, I'd be tearing the landlord a new one!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I own it - the building has a strata management company who is responsible for external and shared area maintenance.

The whole roof is being redone - no idea if the leaking is local to my roof or hitting others too. Cold comfort if I am not the only one but I guess best case, the carpet could do with replacing anyway and I was going to repaint at some point.

I wonder if I can get a new laptop on the basis the water leaked onto my old one.....
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    I wonder if I can get a new laptop on the basis the water leaked onto my old one.....

as long as you don't announce it on the internet first