Ribble internet sales

dinyull
dinyull Posts: 2,979
edited August 2014 in Road buying advice
I ordered something from Ribble earlier this week and because it's the first time I've used them I'm not sure how they work.

I've received an order confirmation email but haven't since heard if the order has been dispatched or when it's expected to be delivered etc. Is this normal for them?

Cheers

Comments

• Another moaning thread about Ribbles' delivery times. You say you ordered earlier in the week, yet it's only Thursday. Ribble isn't the fastest on delivery, they never have been. But it's not like you are paying a premium for your gear in the first place. BTW, I have never had an e-mail from them stating when my orders have been shipped. Check Your Account section, that will show you your current order and the stage it's at.
    Ribble Ultralite Racing 7005, Campagnolo Veloce groupset, Campagnolo Khamsin G3 wheel set
  • dinyull
    Sorry, who's the f*@k is moaning?

Like I said, I haven't used them before so was just checking how they operate.
  • Mccaria
    Mccaria Posts: 869
    Typically it's an order confirmation and then a dispatch notification. I don't find Ribble as quick as say Wiggle, but normally it's 2-3 days from order to dispatch, although it can get slower in the sales period when I assume volumes are higher
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    They are usually the cheapest, but delivery times can be a bit variable. If I want something quickly I'll use Wiggle or CRC. If I want something really fast I'll use a bike shop or even Halfords.

If you want to know what's happening with your order why not phone them rather than asking grumpy forumites?
  • Dinyull wrote:

Yes you are right fella, my sincere apologies for going off on one.

Note to self :- when you are having a shitty day at work, leave the t'internet alone till you get home and cool off. Now where's that Log Out button?.....
    Ribble Ultralite Racing 7005, Campagnolo Veloce groupset, Campagnolo Khamsin G3 wheel set
  • dinyull
    Cheers for that.

I've ordered 105 5800 and thought if I knew when it was dispatched I could strip down my bike ready. Not in any rush but hard not to be like a kid at Christmas haha.
  • holiver
    holiver Posts: 729
    I ordered a saddle shortly before 18:00 yesterday evening and have just received the dispatch email. That's a bit quicker than my usual experience. Hopefully it will be delivered tomorrow...
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,851
    Mostly they are very good at sending out dispatch confirmations sometimes however they don't arrive. However they are very good at sending what you ordered promptly.

I forget to check my soam box and sometimes thing the disptach confirmations get lodged in there.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    i regularly find with ribble that you receive the order before the despatch email.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    Dinyull wrote:

Good come back
  • Dinyull wrote:
    I've ordered 105 5800 and thought if I knew when it was dispatched I could strip down my bike ready. Not in any rush but hard not to be like a kid at Christmas haha.

Sweet as.

No wonder you are itching for the postman to turn up.
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    I ordered a 5800 groupset two days ago from Ribble around midday and got my despatch confirmation e-mail today. I've never had issues with Ribble's service.
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    My 5800 groupset arrived today. :D So delivery took three days from ordering which is fine.

Also, the groupset is definitely OEM as the individual bits were bagged and not boxed. Not that this matters, but it may to some people.
  • dinyull
    Yeah mine arrived this morning too, can't wait to finish work. Ordered on Tues so quality service.
  • carrock
    carrock Posts: 1,103
    Ribble great prices but don't rush to ship stuff unless you pay for express shipping

Merlin on the other hand equally good prices and quick shipping. I once ordered a work stand at 4pm and it turned up the next morning.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Bugger the lot of you! I ordered mine on Friday and no arrival. This is worse than the time Christmas was cancelled!
  • 47p2
    47p2 Posts: 329
    Ordered some items on 12th August at 14:19pm and they arrived on 15th August at 07:40am, I've never had to wait any more than 3 days for items to arrive from Ribble.

They also have a 'Next Day delivery' so if you're in a hurry just pay a bit extra and order it before 2:00pm and they will deliver it...next day :lol:
  • Anonymous
    I'm in no mega rush to be honest but you know what it's like waiting for the postman to bring goodies!
  • crvfr
    crvfr Posts: 23
    I ordered some wheels on Thursday which I decided I wanted a.s.a.p. - Ribble charged me an extra £3.99 for 24 hour delivery, which I though was very reasonable, and they arrived by 10 am on Friday.
  • holiver
    holiver Posts: 729
    Well my saddle ordered Wednesday evening arrived on Friday. That's the best delivery time I've had from them, and I am pleased I was able to get out and use it today.
  • dinyull
    edited August 2014
    I managed to get this all fitted on Sat and have to say I'm massively impressed. Braking power seems twice as powerful as the 105 5600 it's replaced and the shifting is so smooth, I was having to double take and look down to check it had shifted - even on front mech.
  • Anonymous
    Still not arrived :( ordered on Friday. Have rec'd the dispatch email.

Don't really mind as can't actually build it up until September anyway, but I'm not sure I can take the disappointment of no postman turning up much longer!
  • 47p2
    47p2 Posts: 329
    Wiggle were equally as impressive with delivery times. Ordered a part on Friday 15th at 12:19pm and it arrived this morning at 09:36am...and the Haribo were tucked inside :D