£60-100 Helmet

MisterMuncher
MisterMuncher Posts: 1,302
edited August 2014 in Road buying advice
I've decided my somewhat cracked and not-a-little worn Spesh Echelon has finally reached the point when it can be put out to pasture, so I'm in the market for a replacement. On the list so far...

Catlike Whisper Plus
Giro Saros
Salice Spin
MET Stradivarius
Spiuk Nexion
Spesh Propero

Basically, I was wondering if there were any horror stories with any of these, or anything I'm obviously overlooking.

Comments

• ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    hang on - isnt there a Kask helmet amnesty on at the moment so you could trade your old lid in for a Vertigo and still be within budget !
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • MisterMuncher
    MisterMuncher Posts: 1,302
    No Kask Dealers local to me. Helmets are one thing I'd prefer to try before purchase.
  • janwal
    janwal Posts: 489
    Try a Louis Garneu Edge from Evans.Very comfy,non mushroomy helmet.Like mine so much I bought second white one for summer.Much prefer it to the Kask Mojito as glasses fit much better with it.So have now sold the Kask.
  • Avoid the Met Stradivarius, the pad system looks great but it falls apart easily.
  • Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535
    I think wiggle are selling cheap Kask helmets. I like my Giro Savant £60
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • holiver
    holiver Posts: 729
    Giro helmets can be had very cheaply on Amazon.

I myself purchased a Louis Garneau Quartz from Evans for £60 a few weeks back. I am happy with it - the fit system is great and it comes with a little light that can attach to the back. The straps are quite long so will need shortening though.