New Brake Hose's and Pads

Dawesy92
Dawesy92 Posts: 606
edited August 2014 in MTB buying advice
Right then, looking to transfer my XT brakes off my hardtail onto my Trek Remedy, but i need new hoses to do this as they arn't long enough as they are, id like to use goodridge but i dont fancy paying £40 per brake, so ive been looking to uberbike at there stainless steel braided ones, they seem good and i cant see them being much different to the goodridge but im just wondering has anyone on here used them?

Also what about their Race Matrix pads? any good? Ive been using the Superstar kevar ones but apprently these race matrix ones are ment to be better.....? again has anyone used these??

Thanks in Advance...

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I wouldn't be surprised if Superstar, Uber and now On One pads come out of the same factory.

Don't waste your money on steel braided hoses - heavy and pointless. Just get regular hoses. If you want bling get pink or something.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Dawesy92
    Wasnt going bling haha, was just gonna go with smoked braided as its not showey offey haha.. also while i have you, are xt brakes as easy to bleed as they look online??
  • cooldad
    Yes, very easy. Get a bleed kit from Epic.

Steel hoses are still a waste of time though.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Uberbike Race Matrix are noticeably more powerful than SS Kevlar but I find them a bit too powerful for wet weather riding not enough feel a bit of an On-Off switch. Dry weather they are great so I am going to remove them and keep them for the months of dry weather we will be having when summer ends.

If you want steel braided hoses go for them they will add about as much weight as eating a banana.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Dawesy92
    stubs wrote:
    Uberbike Race Matrix are noticeably more powerful than SS Kevlar but I find them a bit too powerful for wet weather riding not enough feel a bit of an On-Off switch. Dry weather they are great so I am going to remove them and keep them for the months of dry weather we will be having when summer ends.

If you want steel braided hoses go for them they will add about as much weight as eating a banana.

Haha, thought so, i think im gonna get some, as the jagwire ones i havnt at the min are shocking, they just expand!!
  • cooldad
    No, they don't. Seriously. All hoses are braided. Sensible ones use kevlar. which by weight is stiffer than SS.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • cooldad
    Fun debate from a while back
    viewtopic.php?f=20005&t=12802906
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    cooldad wrote:
    I wouldn't be surprised if Superstar, Uber and now On One pads come out of the same factory.

They do, so do Nukeproof, Brake Authority and others.
    A friend was selling brake pads on ebay for a couple years with his own branding. He got his from the same factory, with the right quantity they will brand them and sell to anyone.