Helmet Police rant...............

solosuperia
solosuperia Posts: 333
edited August 2014 in The bottom bracket
Now this morning I was out for a quiet ride by myself on my hack bike mudguards, rear rack etc. I should point out at this stage I am no spring chicken.
When I am out by myself I don't wear a helmet. When with a group of cyclists I do as I regard the most dangerous thing are the other cyclists .
Anyhow chugging gently round the lanes near home, slowly making my way up this hill when someone rides past!
No hi, hello or good morning!
About five went past with no acknowledgement.
Then this woman "Where is your helmet?".
I thought none of your business, do I need to get harangued by a fellow bike rider.
If she should read this.... I drink more units of alcohol than I should, smoke the occasional cigar and even more infrequently may be tempted to help out with one of those funny cigarettes!
And I'm not vegetarian.

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,799
    The correct response is -

In my shorts. Should I get it out?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • and even more infrequently may be tempted to help out with one of those funny cigarettes!

Can you PM me your address...?

8)
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    and even more infrequently may be tempted to help out with one of those funny cigarettes!

8)

Can't you get your weed from the evidence lockers like all the other cops? Or do TV shows not tell the truth?
  • Obviously - I was going to post some to the OP to test the quality then line him up as a potential regular customer....
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    and even more infrequently may be tempted to help out with one of those funny cigarettes!

8)

Can't you get your weed from the evidence lockers like all the other cops? Or do TV shows not tell the truth?

it def happens in France
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    You had a prime opportunity for a witty/crude response. Many cycling groups are creatures of habbit so there is a good chance this will happen again.

Was she hot?
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • simonhead wrote:
    You had a prime opportunity for a witty/crude response. Many cycling groups are creatures of habbit so there is a good chance this will happen again.

Was she hot?

No slightly overweight even, defo not a hot racing snake.
    So taken aback didn't have a reply, I just thought we get enough stick off of motorists................
    No need to fight amongst ourselves.
    What was she trying to prove?
    Just peeves me that it was my choice and didn't not impact on anyone else.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Im often taken to task over my lack of a fully functioning ding a ling
  • I've never been overtaken up a hill by a woman, chapeau
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    She wasnt called vos was she?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Im often taken to task over my lack of a fully functioning ding a ling

What happened? Did it get caught up in the chainset?

@The OP: An overweight female cyclist overtakes you!? Time to get off the cigars.

@Colinthecop:

Have this poster for your wall

000198.jpg
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • fatdaz
    fatdaz Posts: 348
    I've never been overtaken up a hill by a woman, chapeau

Read the whole post - She was obviously being towed by the previous 5, no other possible explanation
  • fatdaz wrote:
    I've never been overtaken up a hill by a woman, chapeau

Read the whole post - She was obviously being towed by the previous 5, no other possible explanation

He mentioned her rack, were they coming towards him in the opposite direction?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    OP - if it's any help I've had exactly the same conversation; I stopped on a ride, a small bunch stopped at the same place and we got chatting. All very convivial until one of the women told me - not asked - "you should wear a helmet". I smiled and told her there's no reason to, and that it really isn't up to her to decide that people should wear random voluntary safety gear for no good reason. Then I rode off, more annoyed than I should have been.