Thanks Wiggle!

WalkernRevCC
WalkernRevCC Posts: 3
edited August 2014 in Road buying advice
I was riding the RideLondon 100 this year for GOSH. Last week, while out riding with my club's juniors, my Ultegra DI2 derailleur on my bike failed, damaging my beloved Mekk Primo 6.0 beyond use. After getting in touch with Wiggle, their CEO asked his pa, driver and head mechanic to build me a bike at 6am Saturday morning and drive it 3 hours to me in Hertfordshire ready for Sunday. None of these people should have been at work, but they were, just to get a bike to me to ride in the RideLondon 100/86 for GOSH!

I am truly amazed and touched by their willingness to go way beyond to get me on a bike - not just any bike either, they loaned me a brand new Colnago CX1 Team Edition Wiggle Honda bike. Very cool of them to do that!

Since going through what we did in 2012, I have been touched by the generosity of many people in raising 12k to date, but this is one of the more amazing things anyone has done to help. Thought i'd share.
Cheers

Comments

• davecara
    davecara Posts: 104
    Brilliant!
    Make s a niec change to see a positive thread instead of the usual whinging ones too!!
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    I'd of wanted Laura Trott to personally deliver it for me with a lifetimes supply of Haribo as well :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Philly8mt
    Philly8mt Posts: 552
    That's great ... well done you & Wiggle

Beats reading some of the negative stuff on here re suppliers :)
    Still thinking of something clever to say!
  • Agreed. I am partial to a moan when things aren't right, but when these nice things happen its worth shouting about! Restores my faith in people, especially as those working the weekend were all very happy to help, even the chap who had driven a 5/6 hour round trip!
  • Davecara wrote:
    Brilliant!
    Make s a niec change to see a positive thread instead of the usual whinging ones too!!

^^^ This
    Ribble Ultralite Racing 7005, Campagnolo Veloce groupset, Campagnolo Khamsin G3 wheel set
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,851
    Brilliant.