The Warranty Issue............

bendertherobot
bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
is pinned to the top of road parts.

For consistency, should it not be pinned to the other for sale forums? Especially the bike section ones?
My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
Facebook? No. Just say no.

Comments

  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,300
    It should...
    left the forum March 2023
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    And should it not also just be left for sellers to decide how much to ask for an item they are selling and potential buyers to decide if that's reasonable?

    I'm no economist but that's how a market place generally works doesn't it :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

    seanoconn
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    arran77 wrote:
    And should it not also just be left for sellers to decide how much to ask for an item they are selling and potential buyers to decide if that's reasonable?

    I'm no economist but that's how a market place generally works doesn't it :P

    It's an open Public Forum Arran, if any mod or admin posts a reply to a seller, then it would always be with our BR members hat on, unless there is an infringement of the rules.

    We as members have the same rights as everyone else to post an opinion and if we feel other members are missing out on prices then we can like anyone else make a comment.

    People have done it to me when I have advertised and to be truthful it's what makes this such a good place to advertise as the prices are usually quite good.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Velonutter wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    And should it not also just be left for sellers to decide how much to ask for an item they are selling and potential buyers to decide if that's reasonable?

    I'm no economist but that's how a market place generally works doesn't it :P

    It's an open Public Forum Arran, if any mod or admin posts a reply to a seller, then it would always be with our BR members hat on, unless there is an infringement of the rules.

    We as members have the same rights as everyone else to post an opinion and if we feel other members are missing out on prices then we can like anyone else make a comment.

    People have done it to me when I have advertised and to be truthful it's what makes this such a good place to advertise as the prices are usually quite good.

    No problem, so why again do we have the same old problem of selective deleting?

    I politely made a comment in one of the for sale threads recently where Ugo had commented on the cost of some wheels and just made the point that it was my view that buyers and sellers can decide what a fair price is.....that comment got deleted but Ugo's did not!!!

    You say that Ugo's comments were with his 'members' hat on and he has a right to comment, which he does, I totally agree, but I'm also a member of this forum who has a right to comment and I said nothing wrong, so why don't I have the right to comment?
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

    seanoconn
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    I presume Ugo would have had a reason to amend the advert and would have made a decision as a Mod to delete certain posts.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,300
    arran77 wrote:
    I politely made a comment in one of the for sale threads recently where Ugo had commented on the cost of some wheels and just made the point that it was my view that buyers and sellers can decide what a fair price is.....that comment got deleted but Ugo's did not!!!

    Arran... it doesn't take a genius to see that my post had some content and was hoping to make the seller aware of a fact most seem to ignore and yours was only by passer's rant... if you want to rant, this is the perfect place to do it, pointless to go on for pages on somebody's advert... it's in nobody's interest, neither the seller nor a potential buyer.

    Anyway, I have now put up information about warranty so hopefully people will realise their second hand stuff is NOT as good as new, even if it looks like and I have no reason to intervene any longer about the topic.
    left the forum March 2023
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    arran77 wrote:
    I politely made a comment in one of the for sale threads recently where Ugo had commented on the cost of some wheels and just made the point that it was my view that buyers and sellers can decide what a fair price is.....that comment got deleted but Ugo's did not!!!

    Arran... it doesn't take a genius to see that my post had some content and was hoping to make the seller aware of a fact most seem to ignore and yours was only by passer's rant... if you want to rant, this is the perfect place to do it, pointless to go on for pages on somebody's advert... it's in nobody's interest, neither the seller nor a potential buyer.

    Anyway, I have now put up information about warranty so hopefully people will realise their second hand stuff is NOT as good as new, even if it looks like and I have no reason to intervene any longer about the topic.

    Ugo, my comment was not meant as a rant, it was my opinion, which apparently as a member I have a right to voice as long as it doesn't break rules (which it didn't).

    I think the thing that pisses me off is that if your comment was with your 'members' hat on in that for sale thread why was your comment left there and my comment was not?
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

    seanoconn
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,300
    Listen... we have to deal with people selling fakes, selling stolen goods, scamming people, selling stuff that is for sale elsewhere, selling stuff that doesn't exist, selling stuff on a semi-commercial scale and you want to have a go at me because I point out that 90% of the online price is a bit steep for a second hand pair of wheels...

    I deleted your comment because I didn't want the thread to go on forever like the other one did. Eventually the seller responded and said he was happy with his evaluation and ONO... so "sod it", what can I say?
    left the forum March 2023
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Calm down Ugo :shock:

    I'm not having a go at anyone, I'm just voicing my opinion.

    I totally appreciate that you have to try and stop people selling fakes, people being scammed and business sellers but I really don't see what any of that has to do with this discussion :?

    That is all do with your role as a mod, correct? I have no problem with that, it protects all of us after all.

    Selling 'something at 90% of the online price is a bit steep for a second hand pair of wheels' sounds to me like a 'members' opinion. Again I have no problem with this, it is your right as a member to voice your opinion, just like it's my right to voice my opinion.

    The trouble is perhaps not everyone is as equal as others?
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

    seanoconn