- @ddraver

Comments

• metronome
    metronome Posts: 670
    So sad. He was one of the good guys. Nano nano :(
    tick - tick - tick
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    What?!?!?!? He was no age. What a tragedy.

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    :( rip
  • 10533554_10152753878104873_2707376727248553568_n.jpg?oh=c8a425b7765ac2afe964c6132f91bba0&oe=546AE57F
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Gutted.

Once that black dog has you it doesn't seem to matter what you feed the fucker it's going to take you sooner or later. Time to de-stigmatise mental illness and allow sufferers the treatment, care and understanding that they need and deserve.

Farewell very funny guy.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Sad news indeed.

Ironic that a man that made so many people laugh was himself filled with so much sadness :(
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    arran77 wrote:
    Sad news indeed.

Ironic that a man that made so many people laugh was himself filled with so much sadness :(

Not the first comedian to have had a troubled mind. We assume comedians to always be happy and funny, but sadly not always the case.
  • secretsam
    Once that black dog has you it doesn't seem to matter what you feed the ****** it's going to take you sooner or later. Time to de-stigmatise mental illness and allow sufferers the treatment, care and understanding that they need and deserve.

+1,000,000
    <<Glances at black dog lying in corner of room>>

• RIP Robin, I bet Lance (LA) will be sad
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331

Once that black dog has you it doesn't seem to matter what you feed the ****** it's going to take you sooner or later. Time to de-stigmatise mental illness and allow sufferers the treatment, care and understanding that they need and deserve.

Just so. Guess he'd fought it as long as he could bear. Sad.
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • A real loss to the industry.... RIP

My heart goes out to the remaining members of Take That.
  • metronome
    metronome Posts: 670

Not cool :?
    tick - tick - tick
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260

8plhTB.jpg
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,415
    A real loss to the industry.... RIP

Beat me to it. Err, I mean not cool.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    A real loss to the industry.... RIP

What has disturbed you so much that you felt that were funny ?
    Living MY dream.
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    Yes, sad to hear this morning. I remember having a stand up performance from New York on video about 20 years ago that I watched over and over again - his manic delivery and energy were overwhelming at times. Also some great movie performances which were very varied, from Good Morning Vietnam to Dead Poets Society showed how versatile he was.

Depression is a terrible thing. I suppose his demons were just too big.
    Big cycling fan as well according to some reports.
    Thanks for the laughs RW.
  • Gratuitous mourning for yet another person none of you knew.
  • secretsam
    Gratuitous mourning for yet another person none of you knew.

How do you know we didn't know him? We could have been best buds.

Besides, if you don't believe in "gratuitous mourning", why did you bother reading the thread?

• Because he wanted to crack the 'Take That' joke but realised someone beat him to it....?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,799
    Let us remember some of the man's talent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfDyTUiL8xs
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • VTech

What a knob !!!!
    You don't need to know someone to be upset by their passing, just like you don't need to know someone to be upset by the way they act.

I expected it from the policeman as he is struggling in a job where people dislike him but I'm yet to understand why you are so bothered ?
    Living MY dream.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    VTech wrote:

What a knob !!!!
    You don't need to know someone to be upset by their passing, just like you don't need to know someone to be upset by the way they act.

That.

In the same manner that you earn or lose respect by your behaviours and actions without knowing someone, eh Frank.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • VTech wrote:

'Tis true, I think in more recent times it's been called the 'Diana effect'... An outpouring of grief for a person they neither know or have met....
    VTech wrote:
    I expected it from the policeman as he is struggling in a job where people dislike him

Oh not everybody, just those who are likely to appear on the Jeremy Kyle show or alternatively, believe what they read in The Daily Mail.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    VTech wrote:

'Tis true, I think in more recent times it's been called the 'Diana effect'... An outpouring of grief for a person they neither know or have met....

If you can't understand the simple difference between travelling to a funeral to weep buckets over someone you never met and who probably wouldn't have liked you anyway and posting on a forum thread that you are upset about the death of someone whose work you liked, then what chance do you have of being any use to anyone in your job?
    Faster than a tent.......
  • It's still the death of a stranger... Someone who has no connection with you.

If that makes you 'upset' because you've seen them on the TV then that's your outlook.
  • VTech
    Rolf F wrote:
    VTech wrote:

If you can't understand the simple difference between travelling to a funeral to weep buckets over someone you never met and who probably wouldn't have liked you anyway and posting on a forum thread that you are upset about the death of someone whose work you liked, then what chance do you have of being any use to anyone in your job?

Completely sums it up.
    The problem with Colin is in fact many of the things he has written on the forum would (if someone complained) lose him his job. It would also make rise to plenty of people he has "nicked" being able to claim unfair treatment and start claims of unfair trial etc etc.

Now I'm not for one minute saying this should happen, I'm almost convinced that colin simply vents his frustrations on here for his personal fun as I couldn't see him lasting in a job if his daily life was the same.
    Living MY dream.
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    "Someone who has no connection with you."

The connection is in/through, in this instance, the performance, art, call it what you will. Seems an easy enough form of empathy, surely? Ah, you don't do "empathy"? Well, it would be career limiting in some jobs!
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • VTech wrote:
    The problem with Colin is in fact many of the things he has written on the forum would (if someone complained) lose him his job. It would also make rise to plenty of people he has "nicked" being able to claim unfair treatment and start claims of unfair trial etc etc.

You really spout some incredible mis-informed bollocks.... Do you really believe this or is this just poor attempt at trying to look informed and knowledgeable...?

But please, feel free to evidence your statement, show me you are right and I am wrong... Post these 'Many' things I have written on this forum along with either the criminal or disciplinary offence they relate to. :roll:
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    FCS can't anyone get along with anyone else, thread locked and don't start another one on the same subject :shock: :twisted:
This discussion has been closed.