Campag rear mech pulley wheel bolts

mr.b-campag
mr.b-campag Posts: 411
edited August 2014 in Workshop
Hi,

Looking to fix u an old record rear mech that exploded on me a few years back. I managed to pick up most (!) of the bits and have bought some new jockey wheels, but don't have the bolts that they pivot around (and hold them in place). Anyone any spares or suggestions as to where I might get hold of some? I had a look on campyoldy but didn't see anything there. Anyone got anything lurking in the bottom of a box somewhere?

Thanks

B

Comments

• timmyturbo
    timmyturbo Posts: 617
    under £8 here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TACX-T4000-JO ... 2a41a264c9

but real ones are way over £30 . cheers
    Britannia waives the rules
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    What model of Record mech e.g. year? Apart from the latest models and whether you're looking for titanium ones, IME they are interchangeable across the model range.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Thanks for your responses. I've already got some jockey wheels, it's the bolts I'm after. The rear mech is a record titanium from around 2000 iirc. If it is the case that I can use anything from that era has anyone got any damaged mechs at the bottom of their parts bins?

Thanks

B
  • Monty Dog
    OK, I've just been doing some digging in my shed...firstly, Shimano ones have the same thread but have a domed, not countersunk head but could work as an interim. 99% certain the current part from a current Xenon mechanism will work too - depends on whether you're a stickler for detail and want titanium? I have some spares, but as I use Campagnolo on my CX bikes, experience tells me that I'll probably need them at some point having trashed and rebuilt a few mechs.
  • Thanks very much for looking. Can't say I'm particularly a stickler for such things, would just like to press it back into service. Anyone else got any busted up 9spd campag rear mech/bits? If not I guess I'll buy a new 10 spd mech and take the bolts out of my old 9spd veloce mech...
  • Monty Dog
    Campagnolo part number RD-CE030 about 11 Euros
  • Tried your local bike shop? Mine have a box of old bits and pieces they've gathered over the years. Managed to get an old rear mech cage plate a while back. Good luck.
  • Thanks for everyone's replies. I'm going to put something up on the wanted section and see if anyone has anything.