Blue monster truck

pilch
pilch Posts: 1,136
edited August 2014 in Your mountain bikes
Codeine in small, actually feels like a medium to me, the wheelbase is certainly longer than a couple of my med framed bikes. Its not a top of the range build, i've reused a lot of bits from other bikes, the SLX cranks (triple) are at least 4 years old and they suit the 1 x 10 setup perfectly.

14698436507_5779a5a975_b.jpg

The finish is very good, deep, rich paint job, looks stunning in the flesh… even the mrs said she REALLY likes it - which is incredible praise considering she would often have trouble spotting her own bike in a line up.

14904843583_565872d171_b.jpg

I've used a Wolftooth 42 expander on an XT cassette with a matching 32T cog upfront on SRAM X9 type 2 mech/shifter, I used this setup on the mrs bike originally and found it works with minimal hassle and is very easy to set up, may change to a 30T on the front see how I feel.

14884960375_1d2a13681b_b.jpg

14882516214_d02233c1db_b.jpg

Took out the bog split pins from the brakes as I thought they looked a bit gash and replaced them with the pad screws. The gravity dropper, whilst being fugly has been on three bikes over the past 3 years and I've never had to do anything to it other than grease it - the switch did fall off admittedly, but I glued it back on and its all good now.

14698437067_f9d94f847f_b.jpg

The wheels are Flow on the back & Arch on the front, for no other reason than I had a spare Arch and the Flow was going cheap at the time of the build, rotors are a bit overkill at 203mm both ends, but they were a bargain at £10 each and they are blue - but on the plus side I will be stopping when I want to.

14884959545_802e646966_b.jpg

The forks were a bargain from zee french @ £320 delivered, not used the bike since I fitted them but the Revs I had on previously weren't bad so i'm expecting great things and look forward to experimenting with the bottomless tokens.

14882516514_8990ca848e_b.jpg

1st ride in the peaks a couple of weeks ago was great, even with a quick basic setup the thing flies, what I found more impressive was how well it climbs.

Got a set of dodgy old spuds on for now, have some XTs on order, couple of other minor bits to do (shorten front brake hose) then i'm done with the build then on to faffing with the CCDB and the Pikes.

Weighs just over 30lb, will probably get this down to 30 though with new pedals and getting rid of the tube in the back tyre.
A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer

Comments

• Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    Pics not working...
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • pilch
    :oops: cheers, hopefully sorted

29er race

29er bouncer
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    nice, nice, very nice
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    Yeah that's a nice bike
    The linkage reminds me of my covert :)
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    Looks pretty quick that pal, once of the few bikes I like the colour hoses on.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Great looking bike, not sure about the saddle angle though! The fact you don't notice the colour coordinated hoses/outers is testament to how right they are.

Not sure about the 203mm rear disc though.

Funny how after all this time single pivot can still compete, the engineer in me abhors the fact we can't do better, but loves the fact it just works, and of course 1x setups give it an easier time.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • pilch
    The Rookie wrote:
    not sure about the saddle angle though!

You're right, plucked the seatpost straight off my epic, didn't get round to adjusting it for the pic, hence the downward angle.

29er race

29er bouncer