Storing Bike Inside The Flat

Littlebigmatt
Littlebigmatt Posts: 129
edited August 2014 in MTB general
Hey Everyone, i'm going to be moving into a small 2 bed flat very soon and i was wondering what do you guys use to store it, i can't drill into the walls as i'll be renting, so i was thinking of either old carpet to put the bike on or maybe a bike bag to leave it in.

Any other ideas or solutions?

Ta
Matt
Cotic BFE MK II

Comments

• ScareyJ
    ScareyJ Posts: 64
    I use a muck off mat, & some sticky backed Velcro pads, (laminate flooring), keeps everywhere clean.

bout six quid of scamazon.
  • Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    Keep it in the bath.
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    Bike stand?
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Hey Everyone, i'm going to be moving into a small 2 bed flat very soon and i was wondering what do you guys use to store it, i can't drill into the walls as i'll be renting, so i was thinking of either old carpet to put the bike on or maybe a bike bag to leave it in.

Any other ideas or solutions?

Ta
    Matt

Spare bedroom = workshop :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • m_cozzy
    m_cozzy Posts: 132
    Banned from singletrack forum again :-)
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    My daughter used an old piece of carpet and then a cardboard bike delivery box with top and bottom cut off and joined to make a long trough to stand it in.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Cheers guys, if only i could make the 2nd bedroom a pure bike room, but the missus needs a work space too. Im liking the duff bag idea!
    Cotic BFE MK II
  • gt5xcr
    gt5xcr Posts: 77
    Get your priorities right,the misses will have to go!.
    GT I_DRIVE 5 XCR IN BLUE.

Ride everywhere, To/from work(12hrs work a day/5 days a week) and still the energy to hit the trails.
  • lbalony
    lbalony Posts: 301
    3x3m non-slip dustsheet. (Waterproofed backed) Cut to size. Its ideal for me. 3 bikes and all my kit, tools and stand.
  • Put it in the kitchen..
  • Levi_501
    Levi_501 Posts: 1,105
    Cheers guys, if only i could make the 2nd bedroom a pure bike room, but the missus needs a work space too.

What is the cooker, sink, ironing board etc doing in the second bedroom?
  • 2x10
    2x10 Posts: 79
    ''Discover'' an infestation of mice/spiders in the second bedroom...
  • bloghog
    bloghog Posts: 40
    Duffbag Monster on special offer ex demo £39.99 (just got a mailer from them)

http://duffbag.myshopify.com/products/monster-bag-ex-demo
  • Tim.s
    Tim.s Posts: 515
    Meh,

One bed flat, two people, six bikes with one more arriving at the weekend.

You learn to get by :D
    "Didn't hurt"