Paris Brest Paris 2015

LiamFitzy
LiamFitzy Posts: 4
I am wondering if many people who use this forum are considering riding the 90 Hour 1200K Paris Brest Paris next year?

It would be great to hear about people's preparation and the events they are are doing in the run up.

I've done it twice and can strongly recommend the experience!

Liam

Comments

• rodgers73
    rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
    Yes, I am - it will be my first PBP.

I'm doing The Flatlands 600km in September so I can pre-register as early as possible next year. If the results of my Ride London time are anything to go by I need to train more for it!
  • Good luck - I found the most valuable training, after the qualifiers, were my 300's and making sure I had night experience.

I shall miss out next year and am so jealous!!!
  • rodgers73
    Cheers. Bit worried about my fitness for this upcoming 600. I know I'll have loads of training time for next year and want to keep riding through my usual downtime in December but the next few weeks will be hard for me!

When do they usually start accepting entries?
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    I'll be riding, but will go with the fast boys/girls. Already have my SR and 1000k brevet in so I can sign up early. :)

Don't worry about the Flatlands... it's even flatter this year than last!
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • I think the entry process is on the PBP website but it's not usually until May or June.

I seem to recall that last time everyone who qualified got a place - the right to submit entries early didn't make so much of a difference apart from reducing stress levels!

The challenge of a 600 for me has never really been the physical - its the mental bit that always gets me. When you are tired its hard to keep things in proportion!!!

Good luck!
  • rodgers73
    Yep, I checked their website - its next June/July they open for entries.

I did a 700km event last year and finished that just in time but you're right - the mental side is the key I guess. Will be hard if its raining or windy, but thats the same for all rides...