Sunday 100

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,300
edited August 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Morning, at least the clock says it is.
Off to do this Ride London nonsense, seems like a ridiculous idea at the moment. The weather hasn't turned up...yet.
Today I will be consuming water and jelly babies. Until I finish when complex carbohydrates in brown liquid will take over.
Have fun folks.

Comments

• bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    morning mug runchers

bbq planned ages ago IS taking place, stormageddon can do one, it's the british way right?

good luck V68, looking at the forecasted high winds you may get blown off!

Other than that its bacons time, once the bottom feeder gets her act together!

Toodle pip.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Looking forward to camping with the remnants of this hurricane overhead. Pretty nice calm morning here in scotland, sure the crap weather will be waiting until we go to pitch the tent!

Fark it, should be a laugh anyway!
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Morning saddle sniffers,

Joys of work for me today. Currently sat eating my free full breakfast with plenty of piggy goodness.

Laters
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Good luck V68 and Matthew h, I see they cut the Ride London short so you can get to the pub :lol:

Down on the south coast with the family this weekend for nephews birthday and the storms have blown through here already 8)

Just about to start pigging out on a big family meal :D
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Afternoon Losers!

Miserable and moist morning here in Bury, so nothing new there then. The storms are due to hit later today, but that's nothing new to be honest, it sounds like much ado about nothing.

Bit of a boring day really, I'm about to see if I can google about the Astra's air filter, as I believe it's that that is at fault.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • veronese68
    Well that was rather moist. I thought we'd taken a wrong turn and were in the Thames at one point. Several roads were flooded and a couple of bits I was bottom bracket deep. As Arran said they cut a couple of bits so only 86 miles. Stopped to have a couple of pints and some food in a pub on the way back. Hope Matt and CWNT got on alright, saw a couple of nasty accidents, some people were riding like utter twunts.
    I think I'll sleep well tonight.
  • arran77
    Well done for finishing V68, beer and food stops sound like a sensible approach :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Glad you had fun v68 - it was certainly entertaining.

Punctured after 100 yards, despite new tyres :( meant my garmin turned off and therefore 'missed' the first 6 miles, managed the next 80 with an average of 19.5mph though :) though not riding like a throbber which seemed the norm
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Well done lads - what's this rain stuff I keep hearing about :wink: Pity I had to bail out this time.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Well done lads - what's this rain stuff I keep hearing about :wink: Pity I had to bail out this time.

team crudcatcher entry next year?
  • arran77
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

19.5mph average sounds a bit too rapid for me :lol:

seanoconn
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I assume its in london? You know what they say about assumption beeing the mother of. I'm game! Also is it a road thing? Seems odd to have a CC team in a road event but carry on
  • arran77
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I assume its in london?

Correct
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

You know what they say about assumption beeing the mother of.

Yes :lol:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I'm game!

:shock:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Also is it a road thing? Seems odd to have a CC team in a road event but carry on

When you get to a certain age you take any ride you're offered (within reason) :lol:

seanoconn
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Cool, I'm still game (I know you love it arran) I'll just be riding a chunky tyred bike, trying to blend in

Speaking about getting old and changing riding style...I went to my loal tracks with the intention having a little tootle about and not hitting the hip jump, the long drop, the gap jumps etc

Well that failed and I've got the bug again and havn't lost a thing! I'm still epic :lol:
  • veronese68
    arran77 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Probably optimistic for me too, I think I was about 18mph.
    Just seen that some poor bugger had a jam attack on the ride and is brown bread, only 36 years old :shock:
    I did chuckle when I saw in the goodie bags they were giving away at the end were multivitamins for over 50's. Is that the target audience for the ride or do I just look older than I am.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Just seen that some poor bugger had a jam attack on the ride and is brown bread, only 36 years old :shock:
    I did chuckle when I saw in the goodie bags they were giving away at the end were multivitamins for over 50's. Is that the target audience for the ride or do I just look older than I am.

team rides together - that's the rules.
  • arran77
    matthew h wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

team rides together - that's the rules.

What like on one of these bad boys but with less lycra :lol:

GnUYXp.jpg

seanoconn
  • veronese68
    ...and more belly. Oh, and the average age would be rather higher, even with Pesky on board.
    How's this for doing Paddle London 86 the hard way?
    10469465_821165221241911_17694311674635996_o.jpg