Comfortable carbon frame

not-another-hillǃ
not-another-hillǃ Posts: 1,310
edited August 2014 in Road buying advice
Need a bit of help.....

I have a beautiful Wilier Cento Uno that I love, but unfortunately the geometry is just too racey and my back complains after about 2.5hrs in the saddle....I had an Izoard before that and it was fine on long rides, no pain at all, but I want something that is comparable in weight and level to the Cento...

I tend to ride Sportives, longer rides etc....I don't race or time-trial....I just like riding.

I have a Super Record 11 groupo on it and Racing Zeros so could just get a new frame and forks and transfer that lot over...

I reckon I have about a grand or thereabouts to spend, I'm happy to go second hand, and would prefer to stay Italian, or at the very least "different"....ie, not Spesh/Giant!

Any advice on a comfier frame for me?

Comments

• Synapse or C60
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • vortice
    vortice Posts: 244
    I agree. Just got a 2014 synapse and it's very comfortable and I've recorded faster times on that than my canyon cf slx, so I'm very impressed.
  • LegendLust
    LegendLust Posts: 1,022
    Comfier frame

Spend your £1k on a steel made-to-measure one
  • Calpol
    Calpol Posts: 1,039
    Not sure how you get a frame only but bianchi Infinito cv would fit the bill. Maybe the guys at epic cycles could advise.
  • Trek Domane
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    +1 For the Infinito CV. One of the best bikes out there at the moment.
  • Thanks all...good comments

Don't like Treks or 'Dales for some reason.....currently searching fir an ?I fi to CV frameset! :shock:
  • vortice
    vortice Posts: 244
    I had the same aversion to cannondale, until I tried the synapse....
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    Calpol wrote:
    Not sure how you get a frame only but bianchi Infinito cv would fit the bill. Maybe the guys at epic cycles could advise.

http://www.bianchistore.de/BianchiStore ... nfigurator

You can build a bike or just buy a frame only on here. I'm afraid it's more than £1k though.
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • Sir Velo
    Sir Velo Posts: 143
    Is the size geometry so wrong? Have you had an expert eye run over the set up? Decent tyres and latex tubes? Are you able to post some pictures of you riding, in case there is something obvious.
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    I would also make position changes before buying a new bike.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    If I was the OP I would at least ride a Domane just to see what the smoothness is about, probably a Synapse too. At least you might start to form a benchmark of how smooth you want it to be. (I know what he means though, I couldn't buy a Trek myself).

Oh, and the Zeros swapped for some good handbuilts will smooth things a bit more, go for wider rim and tyres at the same time, that will make a bit of difference, it all adds up.