zipp freehub campag 11 to shimano 10?

opusver21
opusver21 Posts: 56
edited August 2014 in Road buying advice
All,
Confused here. The 188 hub in campag with the blue end cap works for 9/10/11 speed, the shimano equivalent is 10 speed only? I'm looking at a zipp wheel with a 11 speed cassette but want to run shimano 10 speed? There are 2 conversion kits supplied by zipp. I'm assuming its the older gen conversion kit up to 2013 and not 11 speed to 11 speed one?

If the wheel had a 10 speed campag cassette on this would be simpler but campag freehubs can run 10 or 11 speed without any change over or spacers?

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    Can you rephrase... I really don't understand your problem...?
    left the forum March 2023
  • I have a 11 speed campag cassette on a zipp wheel
    I want to change it over to 10 speed shimano
    I just use this conversion? http://www.zipp.com/accessories/detail.php?ID=16703

The wheel is identified by the hub as having a blue free hub and end cap so its not 11/11speed conversion. But the older free hub up to 2012?

I think I'm correct but its hardly simples
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    It seems so. I also seem to remember that all black 188 hubs are compatible with the newer 11 speed free hub, but if it was originally built for a 10 speed one, it might need a re-dish
    left the forum March 2023
  • birdie23
    birdie23 Posts: 457
    opusver21 wrote:
    I have a 11 speed campag cassette on a zipp wheel
    I want to change it over to 10 speed shimano
    I just use this conversion? http://www.zipp.com/accessories/detail.php?ID=16703

The wheel is identified by the hub as having a blue free hub and end cap so its not 11/11speed conversion. But the older free hub up to 2012?

I think I'm correct but its hardly simples

The link you posted says you can't use it with model '13 onwards but I'm not entirely sure what model year you have.
    2012 Cube Agree GTC
  • DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    If you want to use shimano 10 speed then use a shimano 10 speed freehub & cassette.
    If you want to use campy 11 speed then use a campy 11 speed freehub & cassette.
    If you want to use shimano 11 speed, then use a campy 11 speed freehub and campy 11 speed cassette: it will work fine.
    Red bikes are the fastest.