New frame with tall Stack short Reach (and internal Di2)

Cyclosis
Cyclosis Posts: 35
edited August 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi Folks,

Looking to upgrade my frame, and would like similar geometry to my current Giant Defy. I'm 6ft, but with long legs and short torso, so trying to get a Stack/Reach ratio around 1.54. Currently S/R is 585/379mm.

Ideally looking for internal routing for Di2.

A Defy or a Trek Domane are the obvious choices, but the frame only options for those are £2000+ which is out of my budget.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Would consider a cyclocross frame for running chunkier tires, but would prefer discs if that is the case.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Jim

Comments

• Crashs2k
    Crashs2k Posts: 78
    I got a good discount off a Giant Defy Advanced SL ISP frame this week direct from Giant. Think they are getting rid of 2014 stock in readiness for the new line. Worth giving your local Giant store a shout.
  • cattytown
    cattytown Posts: 647
    Rourke or Burls? You can get Exactly the fit you want that way.
    Giant Defy 2
    Large bloke getting smaller :-)
  • Mccaria
    Mccaria Posts: 869
    What about the Cervelos which run with quite a high head tube. The R3 in a 56 is 580/387 to give a 1.5 ratio. Reasonably good prices on previous year models.
  • Cyclosis
    Cyclosis Posts: 35
    Maybe I'd be lucky to pick up a cheap 'last year' defy or R3, but is there anything from the cheaper sources like Planet X, Ribble, Dolan etc? To be honest it's a bit of a headache when half of these sites don't use stack/reach measurements consistently.

Jim
  • tp2000
    tp2000 Posts: 102