Scapin

djhermer
djhermer Posts: 328
edited August 2014 in Road buying advice
Anyone have one? A current model preferably.

I am slowly but surely falling for the Etika RC. I have an opportunity to test ride one for a few days next week, which will tell me most of what i need to know of course, but I'd be interested in any first hand experiences of the bike and the company. You don't see many about and there's not an awful lot online.

Comments

• Camcycle1974
    Camcycle1974 Posts: 1,356
    Stunning bikes. Understated class unlike a Cipollini which is too loud and brash for my taste. The bright orange would be my choice. Sorry, not got one but would be interested to see what you think if you do go for it. Poshbikes?
  • djhermer
    djhermer Posts: 328
    Stunning bikes. Understated class unlike a Cipollini which is too loud and brash for my taste. The bright orange would be my choice. Sorry, not got one but would be interested to see what you think if you do go for it. Poshbikes?

Cheers. Yes looking like the orange colourway (going custom so you get the tricolore on the seat tube and a couple of other nice touches with the drop outs etc). Going custom makes it timeless... I'm also a bit tempted by the fluro yellow.

They are stunning. Not Posh Bikes, but a nice local one man band who has distributor rights from Posh. I have a test bike next week (a massive and quite unusual bonus).
  • Camcycle1974
    Camcycle1974 Posts: 1,356
    Sounds like fun. Be sure to update when you've ridden it and pics of course. Custom definitely the way forward on a bike of that quality, wouldn't want anyone else having one the same. The Eltika is the nicest frame they do but I fear the geometry might be a little too aggressive for me.