Best bibs for comfort then wear?

mosa
mosa Posts: 754
edited August 2014 in Road buying advice
Hello all I'm in the market for some new bib shorts after being at the end of my teather with a batch of Lusso ones I bought with what looks like a wool pad. No good at all so I was wondering what should I buy for long ride comfort that won't wear the outer fabric quickly. Thoughts apreciated
My bikes

2018 Trek Emonda SL6 Pro

Comments

• navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,851
    An idea of budget would help narrow the selection down a bit.
  • mosa
    mosa Posts: 754
    Say £80 at a push
    My bikes

2018 Trek Emonda SL6 Pro
  • matt-h
    matt-h Posts: 847
    I had top end craft ones for a few a years and they are still good for long distance.
    Get them in a sale for about £75 if i recall

DHB are supposed to be nice for that money but none of my my DHB has lasted as long

Matt
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Endura FS260 Pro Bib shorts, saw them on offer for about £40 recently so you can get 2 pairs.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    If you can push your budget a little bit then the Assos Outlet have F1 Uno S5 bibs at £97.

http://www.assosfactoryoutlet.com/men/s ... black.html

Great bibs - can recommend them
  • garyk72
    garyk72 Posts: 76
    Definitely get Assos bibs if you can afford the bit extra, your butt will thank you for it!!
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Some good deals on Castelli Free Aero at the moment too e.g. Wiggle for £80 - Projetto pad is one of the best IMO.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    mosa wrote:
    Say £80 at a push

Castelli Free Aero Race just came down to around £80 on wiggle. They're a bargain at the price.

The lower model (velocissimo) has a slightly less excellent pad, but is also a bargain at £65-70.

Sizing is fairly Italian though, a castelli large is slightly tighter fitting than a DHB medium.
    Red bikes are the fastest.