Cheap sweat wicking t-shirts

Kerrmit1992
Kerrmit1992 Posts: 275
edited August 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hi guys,

As the title says, I'm looking for a bunch of sweat wicking t-shirts however I don't wanna pay £50 per Jersey for the branded mtb ones so hopping use guys know where to get cheap but decent quality t-shirts for casual mountain biking.

Cheers
Craig
Mountain biking is the bicycle version or rallying, except you don't need a Co-Driver!

Comments

• CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    I got one of these recently and it works a treat worn under a jersey or normal t-shirt. Too fitted to be worn alone though.

http://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/helly-ha ... _colour=98
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • I was looking for something a bit baggier to be worn on it's own but I lt would certainly be an idea to wear it underneath another tshirt
    Mountain biking is the bicycle version or rallying, except you don't need a Co-Driver!
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    I think one layer is better too but the problem with baggier ones is they don't wick anywhere near as effectively. The HH top keeps you cool and dry, and you don't get that horrible chill when you stop for a rest.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    check out mountain warehouse. I have a few from there that cost me less than a tenner
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    If you have a decathlon near you they give that sh*t away as long as you dont mind your shirts stained with the hopes and dreams of some Filipino kids.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • Ahh I beer really thought about a baggier one not wicking very well haha. So if I got one of the more fitting wicking tshirt would you just wear any old tshirt on top?
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    I picked up 4 Fox Tech Tees from CRC for £50 week before last and also grabbed a couple of Craft Cool T Mesh Cycling Base Layers from Merlin for £30

Still got some bargains here (not sure what sizes are left though)

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/fr/en/s?q=fox+tech+tee
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • See I was thinking more, pick up a wicking baselayer and then pick up 2 or 3 tshirt a from sports direct for a 5er :-P ... I've wrecked too many expensive jerseys by catching them on a branch or having an off lol
  • felix.london
    See I was thinking more, pick up a wicking baselayer and then pick up 2 or 3 tshirt a from sports direct for a 5er :-P ... I've wrecked too many expensive jerseys by catching them on a branch or having an off lol

fair enough - well those Craft Cool Mesh ones are really good but no way I'd spend £30 on one, but £15 each is pretty cool (pun intended :wink: )

Trek Session 8
  • I just retread your previous and did you mean you paid £50 for 4 or £50 each?
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    I just retread your previous and did you mean you paid £50 for 4 or £50 each?

for 4 probably. crc have 50% off all fox tshirts at the minute
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I wear a motocross top over whatever else I wear, really hard wearing and having mostly mesh on the torso it doesn't make me any hotter than the stuff underneath would, nice on a hit sunny day as it's almost like riding topless.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    If you have a decathlon near you they give that sh*t away as long as you dont mind your shirts stained with the hopes and dreams of some Filipino kids.

That made me think. I'm stealing it.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599

So the same as Nike and the rest then.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    The Rookie wrote:
    I wear a motocross top over whatever else I wear, really hard wearing and having mostly mesh on the torso it doesn't make me any hotter than the stuff underneath would, nice on a hit sunny day as it's almost like riding topless.
    I threw up a little at the thought.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • felix.london
    welshkev wrote:
    I just retread your previous and did you mean you paid £50 for 4 or £50 each?

for 4 probably. crc have 50% off all fox tshirts at the minute

I would never pay £50 for a t-shirt...ever

Trek Session 8
  • Braythor
    Braythor Posts: 13
    I've got a few of these, and find them to be pretty good (and I sweat like a b**t**d), at least for the price; can't go wrong really.

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/hi-gear-reg ... ee-p205118
  • Bishbosh10
    Bishbosh10 Posts: 268
    Sports Direct - 2 Karimoor Run T's for £15......
    2011 Giant Trance Ltd, 2016 Revs, XT bits etc.
  • String vest
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Not sure I would buy a sweat wicking tee and then put something over the top of it. No matter how good it is at wicking if the moisture has no where to evaporate to you will be one moist fella by the end of a half decent ride.

I buy looser synthetic tops like the Fox tech tees Felix mentioned (I generally go with Dakine as I am a brand whore). I find they allow good airflow, wick a bit and look pretty decent in the pub after a ride should that be on the cards. Whatever I wear a camelback basically removes any prospect of there not being a damp piece of material stuck to me and recent 30+ temps do nothing to reduce that.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • twonks
    twonks Posts: 352
    If you time it right and drop lucky, there are some good deals to be had below.

I have a load of Dare2Be stuff from them and all good.

http://www.marshallleisure.co.uk/index. ... 0704a90fce

Only thing that disappoints was the Orange waterproof jacket for £12 is good as long as you don't wash it :lol: