Sportful Hot Pack vs No Rain Stretch vs Hot Pack Ultralight

Seweryn
Seweryn Posts: 49
edited August 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi Guys,

There are 3 packable jackets made by Sportful that are on the market at present:
- the Hot Pack,
- Hot Pack Ultralight,
- Hot Pack No Rain stretch jacket.

Anyone has experience with all of them and what would be the main difference between them? And would there be any similar packable rain jacket that I should consider instead?

Thank you.

Comments

• ctc
    ctc Posts: 232
    I've got the hotpack no rain, and the hotpack 4 gilet.
    The gilet is good and I use it more than the jacket, but I find all waterproof jackets a bit boil in the bag.

What do you want to use it for? Emergency jacket in case it rains, commuting, or going out for long ride in the rain?
  • primalcarl
    primalcarl Posts: 579
    Not sure if they're made from the same material, but I have a Sportful Hot Pack Ultralight Gilet which I'm returning under warranty tomorrow. The superlight fabric has pulled away from the hem, despite very limited and careful use! Not sure if it's an isolated fault, but I've lost faith in the construction now so will probably go for something a bit tougher which is a shame because it packed tiny
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    I've the hotpack gillet, very pleased with it. Packs away nicely and keeps the wind off.
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    I've got the Hotpack 4 jacket and gilet and I can't really fault the two. I find the the jacket fine, I've done 40 mile rides without boiling in the bag and in fact I'd say that it's more breathable than my Gore bikewear jacket that cost 3x the price.
  • Seweryn
    CTC wrote:
    I've got the hotpack no rain, and the hotpack 4 gilet.
    The gilet is good and I use it more than the jacket, but I find all waterproof jackets a bit boil in the bag.

What do you want to use it for? Emergency jacket in case it rains, commuting, or going out for long ride in the rain?
    Thank you for all replies. I would want to use it as an emergency jacket in case it rains (say up to 1-2 hours). I also have a Gore AS Oxygen jacket, but it is a bit too bulky to carry in the pocket and is not that rainproof any more.
  • ctc
    ctc Posts: 232
    If you want an emergency jacket, then the no rain would probably be more waterproof than the standard hot pack, but at the expense of breathability. After using the hot pack Gilet I would have preferred to buy the hot pack jacket rather than the no rain. Even though it's less waterproof, it's more versatile as it's more breathable
  • I have the Hot Pack 4 gilet- doesn't do much in the way of water resistance, but cuts out the wind nicely.
  • Seweryn
    OK, I have ordered the regular Hot Pack. I was also considering the Giordana Protection jacket, but finally ordered the Sportful. Will see how it performs. Thanks Guys.