Henderson is mocking Boaro in Denmark

thomthom
thomthom Posts: 3,574
edited August 2014 in Pro race
Boaro looks daft in this one..
http://sporten.tv2.dk/2014-08-07-ups-sa ... ng-tidligt

... And Henderson makes fun of him in this one..
http://sporten.tv2.dk/2014-08-07-fuglsa ... med-sejren

Comments

• thomthom
    In Boaro's defense.. That man with the bell is not doing a proper job is he..
  • Like watching people fall over, this is never not funny.

Pippo, Matthews, Boaro, whoever, it's always funny the celebration for second/one lap early
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,173
    Like watching people fall over, this is never not funny.

Pippo, Matthews, Boaro, whoever, it's always funny the celebration for second/one lap early
    But which is funnier?

a) a rider celebrating a lap too early
    b) a rider celebrating and getting pipped on the line
    c) a rider celebrating without realising a rider up the road has already won

For me it is always a) as they always put such gusto into it.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,408
    RichN95 wrote:
    Like watching people fall over, this is never not funny.

But which is funnier?

a) a rider celebrating a lap too early
    b) a rider celebrating and getting pipped on the line
    c) a rider celebrating without realising a rider up the road has already won

For me it is always a) as they always put such gusto into it.

Definitely a. C can be a little tragic if the rider hasn't got the right info from his team car, and there's too much schadenfreude in b.

A) is also great because of the way the rest of the riders have to come around the "winner".
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Definitely a) as NTD says, it's hilarious to see the other riders head off into the distance, and the realisation dawn in the celebrating rider's face
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,874
    Yep, definitely a), in most cases when it happens I'd be thinking 'that was a bit too easy'.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,173
    Pross wrote:
    Yep, definitely a), in most cases when it happens I'd be thinking 'that was a bit too easy'.
    But strangely they never seem to think that. They always think it's their own brilliance.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,874
    I reckon some do it deliberately knowing they'll get their team some publicity. Especially the riders in smaller teams.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,408
    Has anyone ever done it then won the real sprint after? That would be quite cool." Not laughing so hard now"
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • thomthom
    Has anyone ever done it then won the real sprint after? That would be quite cool." Not laughing so hard now"

This is as close as it gets.. Boaro redeemed himself today in the best possible way by winning the queen stage of the race.