Kask Mojito w/ Radarlocks?

ivanoile
ivanoile Posts: 202
edited August 2014 in Road buying advice
I'm trying to find a solution to put Radarlock with Mojito,but I can only put them to tight to head or to loose.Rear plastic is pain in the ass.Is there any solution to wear them normaly?

Comments

• madden2011
    madden2011 Posts: 142
    I have the same combo and the Radarlocks sit no problem with the Mojito. Have you got the locking mechanism pulled down all the way on the back? I wear the helmet further down the forehead and leaves plenty of room for the arms to slot through.
  • matt-h
    matt-h Posts: 847
    Mine fit fine as well.
    Although they may be radarpaths. :roll:
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Have you guys got ears on the same point on your head as the OP has? This could affect it as could a number of things.

Mojitos don't work with some shades with some people though, that's for sure, one of my pairs don't work for me with mine.
  • ivanoile
    All I could do to wear Oakleys is to pull lock mech. all the way up and then I have about 0.5cm of space between arms and lock mech. But helmet becomes unfcomfy.
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    I have an older pair of Oakleys, the only way I can wear them is pull the plastic lock mechanism down at the back (which is where it should be for me to have the helmet fit well anyway, and then the arms of the Oakleys go over the straps and the very ends of the arms tuck in under the lock mechanism. It feels nice and snug, the glasses aren't going to go anywhere.

The only downside is it is nigh on impossible to put my glasses on like this while riding, have to do it before I set out or quickly while at a junction.

And then when I take off the glasses it is impossible for them to be tucked into the helmet, they either go into a rear pocket or I've found I can slide them on the back of my head close to the neck line.

Great helmet though, is the only one I've found to comfortably fit my huuuuge odd-shaped head !!!
  • ivanoile
    I have an older pair of Oakleys, the only way I can wear them is pull the plastic lock mechanism down at the back (which is where it should be for me to have the helmet fit well anyway, and then the arms of the Oakleys go over the straps and the very ends of the arms tuck in under the lock mechanism. It feels nice and snug, the glasses aren't going to go anywhere.

The only downside is it is nigh on impossible to put my glasses on like this while riding, have to do it before I set out or quickly while at a junction.

And then when I take off the glasses it is impossible for them to be tucked into the helmet, they either go into a rear pocket or I've found I can slide them on the back of my head close to the neck line.

Great helmet though, is the only one I've found to comfortably fit my huuuuge odd-shaped head !!!

Exact description of my situation :(
    It seems that this will have to be sold,because I often take sunglasses off on ascents.
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    ivanoile wrote:

Exact description of my situation :(
    It seems that this will have to be sold,because I often take sunglasses off on ascents.

My problem was finding a helmet that fitted comfortably - the Mojito is the only one that fits the bill, so I'm just having to put up with the slight awkwardness of putting on my sunnies. And after the first couple of rides I'm used to it and it no longer bothers me.