Will 6870 be updateable?

matt-h
matt-h Posts: 847
edited August 2014 in Road buying advice
Looking at the Scott Di2 deal at westbrook and was wondering if the software could and would be updated?
The mtb range has the sequential shifting which would be great on a road going Di2.

Anyone in the know?

Matt

Comments

• DHA987S
    DHA987S Posts: 284
    They do continually update the software of di2. I think my DA 9070 has had 6 updates since I bought it a year ago. Mostly minor tweeks like battery life improvements. However the multi shift was not on the original di2 versions (6770 onwards) but this was added via software update when it was released. So in theory if it becomes available then you should be able to get the software updates for it.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Yes. All etubes Di2 is firmware updateable.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • matt-h
    Thats great, thanks guys.
    Thinking that the offer is a great one, the frame is not being updated yet and the firmware is updateable, makes it a very justifiable purchase

Matt
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    I think there are lots of developments that we will see with the system and now Shimano are releasing the ANT+ codes and have the communication unit available, third party apps will become available offering all sorts of functions.

Auto shifting the RD for a chosen cadence zone will be possible, or how about changing chainrings and having the rear mech automatically match the overall ratio you are in, at the same time? This is already pretty much what the MTB system does so having it as an option for road bikes is probably already on a Shimano test bench, as we speak.

Of course you will still have to pedal ;-)
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    7970 has been hacked to autoshift and Fairwheel had 9070 autoshifting as well a few months ago.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • matt-h
    Thats ordered then.
    Bargain!

Matt