Internet Radio

mrushton
mrushton Posts: 5,182
edited August 2014 in The cake stop
Any recommendations for an Internet radio? Doesn't have to have a dock or a stupid price. Just reliable and easy to use and a quick download.

Thanks in advance
M.Rushton

Comments

• Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    I use the bbc radio iplayer on the ipad through a bose soundlink mini... Stunning sound
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    Mikey23 wrote:
    I use the bbc radio iplayer on the ipad through a bose soundlink mini... Stunning sound

I think I'd go for something similar... the specific devices are much more at the whim of the providers keeping the same streaming technologies available that the device supports, as the device is not going to very updateable.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,692
    Also use iPlayer via iPad plus the TuneIn Radio app. Meet my needs. Other free apps likely to be available.
  • I use any old device that connects and I listen through a Bose bluetooth speaker.
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    As above - TuneIn Radio app on old iPhone 4 (now used as internet device only) on Zeppelin. More than good enough for my needs.

Interesting point from jibberjim. I just used what I had rather than buy a new device, but using apps will at least make updating easier.
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    I used to use tunein but now I just use spotify
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    I use iPhone, or Macbook to an Apple Airport Express which you can connect digitally or analogue into an Amp, Dac, or Amp with a Dac in it. If you're Apple based anyway then it works really really well. (I run mine digitally into a Preamp with built in Dac, but you can use any old hifi with an aux in or spare channel with a cheap interconnect).

It's great with anything you want to listen to. Spotify premium is extremely good as a source.
  • rollemynot
    rollemynot Posts: 436
    I have an old Bose soundock with a Bluetooth receiver from eBay and stream tunein radio from either my iPad or nexus 4 android. Perfect sound and easy to navigate from a separate device and as previously mentioned infinitely upgradable.
  • We use Spotify Premium on a multitude of android based devices, including in the car.
  • BaoFeng SHTF radio comes with a guide, which I do not usually need, but with numerous features and also the ability to vary almost everything, it's good to urge accustomed to it, and practice, so read the guide again. I tested on a hike within the woods and got a decent range. the following test is going to be Alaska with wide open spaces, nothing to interfere with radio waves. I favor the campfire FM radio with local music

Fantom Flagger strikes again. WTF?

It annoys me that internet radios are so expensive for what they are. I just use an Amazon Fire tablet connected to decent speakers. Cheaper, and better sound.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    You do know Samantha is a spam bot I hope.
  • webboo said:

You do know Samantha is a spam bot I hope.

Ah, is that confirmed? The post seemed reasonable, and the last time I questioned a username like that, I was told it was a Google log-on or similar.

Anyway, it's gone now. Never did get to know Samantha...
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    She usually posts stuff with connections to work boots, gloves and fairly random stuff.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,153
    edited September 2022

The post seemed reasonable

Unless you know what a Baofeng SHTF radio actually is, which a lot of people wouldn't :smiley:

To be fair it is an internet radio, just not the sort the OP was after.

• bm5
    bm5 Posts: 530
    I'm indecisive but even I wouldn't take 8 years to choose