SuperSix Evo - cable/Di2 routing

peteb0
peteb0 Posts: 58
edited August 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi all

I had been considering the Scott Foil/Di2 deal for my next road bike build but it would seem that my consideration went on for too long as that deal seems to have dried up. In the process, I've managed to convince myself that Di2 is for me.

The prices for MY2014 SuperSix Evos have started coming down and the Evo 105 looks tempting at ~£1300. My questions is whether the Evo frame has mechanical/electronic specific versions; i.e. can I buy a bike equipped with 105 and change over to Di2?

(The 105 groupset can then trickle down to my Synapse and there is enough of a pricegap from the 105 to the Di2 bike for this to make sense)

And yes, before anyone mentions it, I am aware of and totally OK with the BB30 'issue'.

Thanks

Comments

• brettjmcc
    brettjmcc Posts: 1,361
    They are different. When you buy the framesets you have to buy either mechanical or DI2
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
    I like Carbon
  • peteb0
    Thanks for the quick response; I thought that'd be the case. Mechanical may well win this time then
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    Most mechanical frames can take an internal Di2 installation, you may just need to blank off one or two cable entry points that aren't used.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • peteb0 wrote:
    I am aware of and totally OK with the BB30 'issue'.

What 'issue'?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • peteb0
    What 'issue'?

Creaks, noises, general moaning about compatibility and other non issues, hence myinverted commas.
  • peteb0
    Bar Shaker wrote:
    Most mechanical frames can take an internal Di2 installation, you may just need to blank off one or two cable entry points that aren't used.

I'm now (for today atleast) sold on the 105 model; seems like a good deal to be had. I'll investigate Di2 based on your comments but if not, 11-speed ultegra will do me and my Synapse can inherit the 105 (currently 9spd Tiagra) and any other bits that are upgraded.
  • brettjmcc
    brettjmcc Posts: 1,361
    Bar Shaker wrote:

Mechanical Supersix still runs the cables on the outside. They don't have that on the DI2, so I would suggest they run it internally and differently somehow.
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
    I like Carbon