light stiff wide road shoes sensible price

kevin_stephens
kevin_stephens Posts: 184
edited August 2014 in Road buying advice
My old Sidis have seen better days and do seem very heavy.
Any recommendations for a light stiff road show with wide fitting? At what price point do you hit marginal returns?
I want to climb hills so badly;
and I climb hills so badly

Comments

• DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    I like shimano shoes. In my opinion, the R088, R107 and the R170 are very good shoes for their prices. They all come in wide fitment I believe.

The R170 have just been superseded, so I think you should be able to find a bargain somewhere...
    Red bikes are the fastest.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Bont A2? super stiff and wide, with a wider fit available.
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    No idea what they are like but if you are on a budget, these look excellent value...

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/deals-of ... bon-130953
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • rafletcher
    rafletcher Posts: 1,235
    Bont Riots, superb value for money, but you'll probably have to go up a size, even over what their website sizing wizard says. Easy enough to return to Wiggle if wrong.
  • eddiefiola
    eddiefiola Posts: 344
    Happy with Northwaves, wider than the Giros I had before and nice and stiff http://www.wiggle.co.uk/northwave-sonic-3s-road-shoes/
  • simona75
    simona75 Posts: 336
    rafletcher wrote:
    Bont Riots, superb value for money, but you'll probably have to go up a size, even over what their website sizing wizard says. Easy enough to return to Wiggle if wrong.

I've got these and really like them - super stiff and comfortable. I'm a 10 in normal shoes and got a 45 in these
  • rafletcher
    rafletcher Posts: 1,235
    simona75 wrote:
    rafletcher wrote:

I've got these and really like them - super stiff and comfortable. I'm a 10 in normal shoes and got a 45 in these

I got a 45 in the Vaypor+ but needed a 46 in the Riots - but everyone is different. I was used to 45's in both Sidi and Spesh.
  • neilr4
    neilr4 Posts: 161
    A mate of mine spent a fortune buying shoes that were too narrow and living in ireland there isn't a big selection to try out so it was a case of 'order and hope'!!

He tried Time, Northwave, Giro, Shimano, Sidi (mega) and the last I heard he settled on a pair of Spiuk Brios...... I had never heard of them but he swears by them :shock:

An option maybe.....
    'REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE ALIVE
    SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM'