Multi tool and sadle bag

The secret rider
The secret rider Posts: 812
edited August 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hi all,

Looking to get a saddle bag for the cannondale XC bike for when I don't take my hydro pack on shorter rides.

Ideally I would need it to fit.

Key
Multitool (see below)
Tube (I'm tubless but just incase)
Co2 pump
Canister (spare)
Change

Ideally want something that looks nice too any reccomendations.

Also looking to get a do it all tool to keep with me for trail rides like snowdon rides etc. Ideally to have as much as poss on but be as small as possible too

Maybe this ? Is it missing anything obvious ?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobi ... -04-p-app1

Comments

• Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    I've got the cheaper hexus II, only used it a couple of times but seems to have everything I could need bar a set of pliers.
  • Some list the chain tool as 10 speed compatible. Never heard of this entire assume they all work.
  • miceden
    miceden Posts: 225
    I've had the Topeak 18+ and it's a nice tool but you really really don't need that many options... look at the Topeak ratchet series, never used it but a a good look at what I need on my bike and a trip to screw fix gave me something very similar. Specialized make nice saddle bags
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    I have the smallest size of Specialized wedge pack under the saddle, containing . . .
    • Crank Brothers tool (18 things including the chain tool)
    • Puncture outfit
    • Tyre levers
    • Spare 18650 battery (night rides)
    • Quick links (2)
    • A few cable ties
    • A rag
    . . . and the pump is alongside my water bottle on the down tube. The next pack size up would easily take a tube as well, but I've done OK with a puncture outfit.
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • Thanks for the reply. I would normally use a puncture repair kit but as i am tubless this is a just incase type scenario. Ie take a tube to fit if it all goes wrong then sort when home.

good tips thanks.
  • Just ordered a Topeak pro 20.

Smaller than the 18+ weighs less and has more on it.

Bit more expensive but should be a good all rounder.