Finish Line Ceramic Wax Lube

Antm81
Antm81 Posts: 1,406
edited August 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
Anybody using this? Is it any good?

Got a bottle with the new bike and looking for tips on application etc too. Chain is currently as the bike arrived, it's not wet but not completely dry either.

Thanks

Comments

• CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    They come pre-lubed from the factory so just ride it until it needs done again, then clean the chain thoroughly before applying the ceramic wax as per instructions on the bottle.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    I was quite underwhelmed by the Ceramic Wax years ago, not used it again. Was pretty dirty.
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    i've used the various products on bike chains and i havent been impressed either.

I have read someone maybe cooldad mention something called squirt or called something like that which is much cleaner but never heard of the stuff.

what i would like if we were able to get hold of the grease type stuff manufacturers put on bike chains, why dont they sell it?
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Squirt is very good indeed.
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Not sure I'd want to use any of Cooldad's "squirt" :?

I use Shimano PTFE dry lube. Seems as good as any others I've used like Pedros or King of Lubes.

Chains end up dirty sooner or later no matter what you use.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    I've been using Squirt for a few months now - it is very good. Quiet and the drive train seems to stay very clean, although it is summer and hasn't seen much rain.
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    I used to use it and I actually think it's a bit better than Squirt (for where/when I ride) but I'd rather give the Squirt guys my money.
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8