sram s1000 crank set bb compatibility

Herdwick
Herdwick Posts: 523
edited August 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
Ok, it's been a long time but finally the funds permit it , and if figure this out, press the add to cart button immediately,
is it possible to fit the sram s1000 crankset to a shimano external bearing? I checked the net but the bb thing the more you dig it the more complicated it gets.
The frame is a on one 456 evo2 and found the sram s1000 on sale so...
the link,
http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CSS1000OEM/ ... b-chainset
“I am a humanist, which means, in part, that I have tried to behave decently without expectations of rewards or punishments after I am dead.”
― Kurt Vonnegut

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Different size axle so no. You will need a new BB.
  • Herdwick
    Thanks, by axle you mean the spindle right?

will look for a different crank set instead,
    something more common...
    “I am a humanist, which means, in part, that I have tried to behave decently without expectations of rewards or punishments after I am dead.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    That chain set may well be supplied with a BB. Give On One a call and ask them.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Shimano and SRAM use different axel designs so need their correct BBs. Normally supplied as apart of the crankset.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Herdwick
    Just got a deore crank set for free from a good friend and have the bb so one less to worry about 8)
    Parts availability down here is a pain and the last thing you need is to get a part that won't fit and have to sent it back, can't wait till the frame arrives and start the build.... will post pics if I manage...
    ― Kurt Vonnegut