Best place to buy a Colnago C60

anjasola
anjasola Posts: 145
edited August 2014 in Road buying advice
Good afternoon,
The choice has been made, now can anyone recommend where to buy from?
Your help/input would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments

• Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    You will struggle find a nicer Colnago dealer than Spencer at https://www.personalbikefit.com/
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • mattjc
    mattjc Posts: 36
    It really depends on where you're from. Suggesting a place in the States won't me much good if you live in the UK

Look at the dealers list on their site and find somewhere near to you,then you might get some suggestions on those shops nearest you if people live near also and have experience with them

http://colnago.com/dealers-3/?lang=en

Mat
  • anjasola
    Thanks for the replies, Mat I have the dealer list but I am looking for personal experiences as some dealers are better than others. As for location mainland Europe or the UK.

Thanks again.
  • I think you'll find that quite a large proportion of the C59 owners on here got their bikes from Maestro and their experiences have been excellent. Don’t be fooled by the lower process, that they’re in Euro (he’s in the UK) and that he doesn’t have a swanky website like the big resellers. He’s probably got more experience in Colnago than all of them. I was all set to buy a C59 from him when forum member markyone decided to sell his (purchased from Maestro) as he’d ordered yet another C59 (from Maestro).
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    OP, whereabouts are you, and in the UK I presume?
  • anjasola
    mfin wrote:
    OP, whereabouts are you, and in the UK I presume?

Right now Scotland, but we have a place in France also.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Would there be any opportunity to make a visit to Italy? I seem to remember people saying they can be cheaper there, it might be worth investigating to see if that is true?
  • ivanoile
    ivanoile Posts: 202
    In Italy,it depends a lot where you buy.Small dealers tend to stall your order.Etc. when you are there,they promise a week or two of waiting.But the bike arrives in month or more.
    Good think is that you have the last price,if you find a dealer that is good with factory the price can be much better than online.
    Any problems with the bike,you will be told to bring it to your dealer which if you live far away will be a problem?