Survey: how do you dress for the road (+ £25 Wiggle draw)

jamesontheroad
jamesontheroad Posts: 4
edited August 2014 in Road buying advice
Morning folks.

I'm writing on behalf of some friends here in Norfolk who are developing a business plan for a new start-up. At the moment, they are primarily interested in building a better picture of how and where UK cyclists buy their clothing, apparel and accessories.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could share about ten minutes of your time to complete this short survey. Respondents who complete the survey and provide contact details will be entered into a draw to win a £25 Wiggle voucher.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/L7KHRL3

On behalf of their team, thanks for your time, it is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Gets on my Bristols all this survey stuff, if you want people to answer then why not give everyone a small gift like a water bottle/gel/energy bar.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Good luck with this is all I have to say :lol:

With the amount of spam and junk already doing the rounds do you think it's likely that people will give their name, address and email to someone who signs up and asks this on their first post :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Gets on my Bristols all this survey stuff, if you want people to answer then why not give everyone a small gift like a water bottle/gel/energy bar.

Thanks for the feedback. I checked with the team, and they explained that they felt a draw for a £25 voucher was appropriate for about ten minutes of your time. The business has not been started yet, as yet they have no investors or funding in place, and they are conducting this research while holding down full time jobs. They will understand if you choose not to participate or complete the survey.
    arran77 wrote:
    Good luck with this is all I have to say :lol:

With the amount of spam and junk already doing the rounds do you think it's likely that people will give their name, address and email to someone who signs up and asks this on their first post :wink:

I've checked, and the response rate has been encouraging so far. I don't know the mechanics of the survey itself - perhaps you can answer without providing those details, but as the research is into UK cycling retail, providing at least postcode data is helpful to understand where people buy their clothing.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Did the survey without name and address.

PS I dress on the left for the road. :)
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Seems odd to bitch about surveys - if you don't like it, don't do it - I'm not sure what could be more simple.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • diamonddog wrote:
    Did the survey without name and address.

PS I dress on the left for the road. :)

Good to know. We will only pass you on the right :mrgreen: