Back pack for c2c

19dm82
19dm82 Posts: 70
edited August 2014 in MTB buying advice
Any recommendations for a men's back back for c2c? Ideally 25-30l must take bladder and not really wanting to spend over £40.

Thanks.

Comments

• paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Dakine Builders Pack? 29l

Patrol at Whistler use the Apex - 26l
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • Your best bet is to look at Go Outdoors, Sports Direct or Amazon.
    Personally I don't think that you will get a comfortable pack for your budget if you want a large backpack with hydration system too.

I have found that the Osprey range of backacks are the most comfortable for all-day rides like the c-2-c, but they start at around £70 if you dig about online.
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • paul.skibum
    Didn't even read the budget - forget my suggestions!
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    I've got a karrimor one with a fancy air frame, cost about £35 from sports direct, around 30 litres , pretty sure it'll take a hydration pack too, use it for walking not on the bike so can't comment on how it feels riding.
  • 19dm82
    Ended up with a mango mayfly 20 from go outdoors. That's for recommendations though. I used a karrimor last time and it was perfect but I've been using it when out on trials bike to carry a petrol can and it now stinks.
  • paul.skibum
    When I did the C2C I chucked a rack on the bike and strapped what I carried to it rather than have it on my back, then when I wnet touring I had what I thought was a good Deuter pack with a bladder but the pack was more walk oriented and rode to high when riding and made my neck ache and interfered with my lid - I ended up strapping it to my pannier for the next 12 days which defeated the object.

Best to be sure whatever pack you have works well on a bike - do a test run or two! Which c2c route are you following?
  • 19dm82
    When I did the C2C I chucked a rack on the bike and strapped what I carried to it rather than have it on my back, then when I wnet touring I had what I thought was a good Deuter pack with a bladder but the pack was more walk oriented and rode to high when riding and made my neck ache and interfered with my lid - I ended up strapping it to my pannier for the next 12 days which defeated the object.

Best to be sure whatever pack you have works well on a bike - do a test run or two! Which c2c route are you following?

Cheers for advice. Doing Whitehaven to seaburn, not sure on exact route but know we stop and Penrith 1st night and allenheads the 2nd. Night.