Correct size for Canyon CF SL model

Blues14
Blues14 Posts: 5
edited August 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi, I just purchased a Canyon CF SL road bike in size L. However I am a little concerned that it may not be big enough for me. I am 189cm tall and my other measurements are as follows:
Inseam: 89cm
Torso length: 67cm
Shoulder width: 43 cm
arm length 70cm

The canyon size calculator indicated a size L for me but if I change the inseam to 90cm, then it recommends an XL.

I would appreciate if anyone out there who rides a L or XL and has similar dimensions to me and could advise me on what frame size is correct for me.

Comments

• alex222
    alex222 Posts: 598
    I am on an XL, 6ft 3 tall with a 92cm inseam, and it fits well. I think the Large would be fine for you.
  • Blues14
    Thanks a million Alex! - Do you think I may be better suited to the XL though?
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    with your measurements, most manufactures would put u on a XL with TT of 58cm ish, longer cranks and a taller HT.

Canyon sized me a M for a 29er, I phoned as thought this odd and they said size up to a L, as their PPS system isn't perfect, which turned out to be the perfect size for me.

No one can size you on a forum but Canyon do a 30 day return if its too small or change your order now?

fwiw i'm 183 with a inseam of 87 and ride a frame with tt of 56, and 120 stem, could easily size up.
  • alex222
    alex222 Posts: 598
    edited August 2014
    Blues14 wrote:
    Thanks a million Alex! - Do you think I may be better suited to the XL though?
    As commented above it is worth giving them a call to talk through your measurements if you are concerned.
    I think I could probably get away with a L so hence I think you'd be fine with a L. [I have 5cm longer arms than you too]

I compared the geometry of the Canyon with my other road bike to work out what I thought I needed, which also matched what the Canyon bike fit tool suggested.
  • Blues14
    Thanks Mamba 80. With long arms as well, maybe I should go for a XL?
  • Blues14
    Thanks Alex, I just put a call into them there now - but the line is busy. I will see what they say when they ring me back.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,043
    Let us know how you get on Blues - I'm about half a cm shorter than you and I'd probably prefer something bang in the middle of their L and XL.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]