Shirking Monday

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,692
edited August 2014 in The bottom bracket
Looks like PW77 has made the BBC news such is his expertise.
Happy Monday everybody. Considering it's the beginning of the working week life is pretty good. I'm thinking about my upcoming holiday and drinking tea. Unfortunately customers keep getting in the way.

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Two flaws to that, the first is that I never wear a suit or tie (unlike Stevo 'I've got new brogues' :wink: ), and secondly it says that 'at some times of the year work feels more of a chore than at others', work always feels like a chore :lol:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Lots of tea consumption today to wash down the cakes we have for someones birthday here 8)

Might pop up to the War Memorial in our town tonight for the candle light vigil but other than than it's just business as usual :D
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,972
    Is it still considered shirking if you don't have any work to do anyway?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Happy Monday everybody. Considering it's the beginning of the working week life is pretty good. I'm thinking about my upcoming holiday and drinking tea. Unfortunately customers keep getting in the way.
    According to that you need to be either scary or hopeless to avoid getting tasks at work. Now we know Arran isn't scary, so.... :)

Afternoon,

Fourth last day in the office before I am sitting by the pool drinking large amounts of cold alcoholic drinks and stuffing my face with cheese 8) Counting down...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    I enjoyed working until it started to feel like a chore so I stopped.

I am currently enjoying an extended shirk, if it becomes at all tiresome I will stop.

Stuffing my face with cheese is an option :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    back to work with a bump for me - lots going on and it's getting worse :(

Bright side - my bike mechanic has fitted me in for a quick fettle pre ride-London :)
  • veronese68
    matthew h wrote:
    Bright side - my bike mechanic has fitted me in for a quick fettle pre ride-London :)
    You let your bike mechanic touch you? I hope he washes his hands first. :shock:
    I fettled myself in preparation. Did you ever say what your start time was?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Veronese68 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    You let your bike mechanic touch you? I hope he washes his hands first. :shock:
    I fettled myself in preparation. Did you ever say what your start time was?

I make him wear gloves............... :)

Start time - 6.57
  • Stevo_666
    Have you seen it's forecast for thunderstorms on Sunday? :P I'll spare a thought for the Ride 100 BB MAMIL team when I am sitting eating croissants and slurping coffee on Sunday morning. But not much of one :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    My start time is 7.15, little chance of me catching Matt. Especially if he is trying to get back for opening time.
    So we'll be riding along whilst Stevo is thinking of us riding. What a perv. :shock:
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Shirking I wish. On the good note first day I was greeted with coffee from a French press... Downside left at 6, plus side went straight to the pictures for guardians of the galaxy. Cya tomorrow at some point boys
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    My start time is 7.15, little chance of me catching Matt. Especially if he is trying to get back for opening time.
    So we'll be riding along whilst Stevo is thinking of us riding. What a perv. :shock:
    I'll be thinking more of Laura Trott :P