Full suss recommendations

MC2014
MC2014 Posts: 34
edited August 2014 in MTB beginners
Hi guys,

I've been riding a hardtail for 2 years now and as I'm growing in experience and confidence I feel that I'm ready to upgrade to a full suss.

I ride singletrack and trail centres like llandegla and Cannock chase and also more downhill type routes.

I'm looking to spend between £1.5k - £2.5k, I want to buy new and don't mind the older models like 2013 if there still available to get a better spec for my money.

Ideally I'm looking for either a 650b or 26er, I have rode a 29er and do not like the feel of the ride.
Also between 130mm - 150mm front travel would be ideal (160mm may be to much)

I know canyon,YT and rose bikes would be the best value for the money but I don't like the fact that there not based in the uk incase anything does wrong or neither do I want to wait 3+ months for it to arrive.

Anybody seen any amazing clearance deals or any new bikes due to be released?

So what could you guys recommend me?

Thankyou in advance for any advice :)

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Rose do have a UK agent unlike YT and Canyon so worth considering, I believe they also have demo bikes in the UK.
    Boardman are worth looking at, excellent value for money and at the cheaper end of your price range.
    The Nukeproof Mega TR is near the top end but still very good for the price and hilariously good fun to ride if you like to push hard and get airborne a lot.
    This is £20 over your budget but a very good bike for a great price http://www.freeborn.co.uk/devinci-dixon ... -bike-2013
  • MC2014
    Yeah I believe his name is Finlay Paton? But I couldn't seem to find his contact details anywhere.

Funnily enough I'm currently riding a boardman HT which is a great bike but I'd like a change. Preferably I'd love to keep it as a second bike but due to lack of storage space it wouldn't be practical.

Had a good look at the mega TR which does look nice but I can't find which a shops sell them?

I've got my eye on a few bikes, the whyte G150, the whyte T130 (2015), the kona process 134 DL (all 650b) and the specialized stumpjumper FSR EVO 2013 (26er).
    Do you know anything about these? Or have had the chance to ride any of them?
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Lots of shops can get the Mega TR. Few stock them because CRC can randomly put massive discounts on them meaning that the shop is stuck with a bike they can't sell.
  • Ryan Jones
    Ryan Jones Posts: 775
    UBYK have a full range of Nukeproof Mega TR's and all are within your budget and available on 0% too. Just bought the Comp myself from them, can't wait for it to drop in :D

I rode the G150 and that struck me as being light on it's feet compared to some rivals, however you need to be looking to 2015 models as the 2014 stock seems short.
  • MC2014
    Cheers Ryan!

Just done someone research myself and global bikes apprantly have them in stock and have just opened up a branch very nearby :) so I'm think of popping up one night to check the mega out

Yeah your right about the limited stock of the 2014 models but there is locally 2 in stock of the whyte g150 with decent discount so I think it might be rude not to purchase one if these due to having a good spec :)

Have you any experience with kona bikes or specialized stumpjumper fsr?
  • Just got a Norco sight 7 1.5 from evans. Worth looking at also. Carbon will be in your price range at 2450 or alloy at 2150. Rides a dream.
  • If you ride at Llandegla, you can demo the Nukeproof Mega there for £50. I think for that you can also back-to-back it against other bikes they have available for demo.

http://www.oneplanetadventure.com/bike-shop/demo-bikes/

I just bought a bike from them (after demoing) and their before and aftersales support has been excellent so far.