Canyon advise

dani88
dani88 Posts: 8
edited August 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi there ive been riding mtb for a long time and just started to fall in love with road cycling anyway ill be stopping at Germany for business in a couple of weeks and thought about ordering a Canyon bike to the hotel ill be staying at. was looking at the roadlite 6.0 and didn't know if i should order the roadlite al 6.0 or the 6.0 sl. been reading about the sram apex vs shim 105 which is the main difference between the two models but also smaller changes as the stem, handlebar, tyres, rims etc. confused me. here are the specs of both please educate me.
ty.
Daniel.
http://www.canyon.com/_en/roadbikes/bik ... ab-reiter2
http://www.canyon.com/_en/roadbikes/bik ... ab-reiter2

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    Plenty of bikes available in the UK (assuming that's where you are) at that price point, without having to go through the hassle you describe.
    Plus, don't they deliver abroad?
    left the forum March 2023
  • dani88
    I dont leave in the uk and around here bikes are so expensive and thought to my self if im on my way to Germany anyway why not save the 400$ shipping they charge..
  • dani88
    want them mainly for weekend rides around the 100km+- a trip
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    you might struggle to get it delivered to a hotel as its a tactic often used with stolen cards.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    I would also check what import duties you might be charged.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    Do Canyon offer a collection service ie you collect from their premises in Germany? That may solve a few potential problems.

Peter
  • dani88
    thanks for all the quick replays and worries but ill figure out all the bureaucracy. what do you think about the bike? do you think i should go with something else? I just liked the manufacturer-buyer method which that way you can get it online and get better specs for a lower budget.
    Nicklouse i have checked and there are none, only 17% VAT which i think is kind of fair because for the price point of the Canyon around here i would get something like "Specialized allez‬‏" or a "Giant defy 2 compact" which doesnt even come close the specs Canyon offer's.. wouldn't you say?
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    northpole wrote:
    Do Canyon offer a collection service ie you collect from their premises in Germany? That may solve a few potential problems.

Peter
    I'm sure you are right, a bike can be collected from the Koblenz store by appointment.