RoadID and NamesOnFrames as one?

springtide9
springtide9 Posts: 1,731
edited August 2014 in Road buying advice
So I've been thinking...

* I don't want the hassle of wearing a "RoadID" bracket as it's just one more thing to remember when jumping on the bike.
* "Names On Frames" I can see no use unless you race and want something that helps identify your bike.

But if there was a "NamesOnFrames" option which included emergency contact details I can see this as being very useful. Does this exist?

I have my contact details on my mobile and Garmin but; (1) you'll need to unlock the phone to run the phone app & (2) I'm not convinced anyone would look on the Garmin for owner info.

Anyone?
Simon

Comments

• StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    So I've been thinking...

* I don't want the hassle of wearing a "RoadID" bracket as it's just one more thing to remember when jumping on the bike.
    * "Names On Frames" I can see no use unless you race and want something that helps identify your bike.

But if there was a "NamesOnFrames" option which included emergency contact details I can see this as being very useful. Does this exist?

I have my contact details on my mobile and Garmin but; (1) you'll need to unlock the phone to run the phone app & (2) I'm not convinced anyone would look on the Garmin for owner info.

Anyone?

Can't see the problem with remembering to put a wrist band on. Get your stuff ready before a ride and keep the wrist band with it all?

Names on bike are useful when there are two or more bikes of the same model in the rack at an event. It's also something a thief has to remove. 5 minute job I know, but it's a job none the less.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • cattytown
    cattytown Posts: 647
    Might not be cheap but take a look at Kapz - My preference though is a pair of traditional dog tags. I feel that on discovering you in a gutter, people are more likely to look at you for ID.

Paul.
    Giant Defy 2
    Large bloke getting smaller :-)
  • DCDB
    DCDB Posts: 27
    I have my name, blood group and ICE contact details dyno taped on the underside of the edge of my helmet. Thus it is always with me when i ride (i always ride wearing a helmet) and the details are easy to see by anyone 'assessing' me post an accident. No dog tags or wrist bands to forget and no electronic devices that anyone needs to turn on to find out who i am.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    These seem a lot of obscure places that emergency services won't look at?!

Wallet in the back pocket is surely what most non-cyclists will pull out?
  • birdie23
    birdie23 Posts: 457
    I'd only say on your bike is obscure, especially considering what condition your bike could be in. But dog tags and the underside (outside but facing down) of your helmet are both things someone checking you are likely to see.
    2012 Cube Agree GTC
  • jon33
    jon33 Posts: 256
    Paper in pocket with details on? Could even laminate it if you wanted to go all fancy with it.
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    I just stick my driving license (the credit card piece, not the ridiculous paper bit) in a jersey pocket.
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    I just stick my driving license (the credit card piece, not the ridiculous paper bit) in a jersey pocket.

Me too. When I'm getting ready I dip into my wallet to get some cash out so I always whip out the driving licence and a credit card.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}