Giant trance

Kerrmit1992
Kerrmit1992 Posts: 275
edited August 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hi guys,

I've been eyeing up a giant trance and was wondering how old use would go for a used one?

I've been looking on ebay etc and there are some coming in at £850! would this be worth it? or would use buy a lower end new one such as the trance 3 or 4?

cheers
craig
Mountain biking is the bicycle version or rallying, except you don't need a Co-Driver!

Comments

• Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    I've got a used 2009 trance, excellent bike, so good in fact that the new bike I've ordered is another trance, I wouldn't worry about going for a lower model, the frame is the same, just upgrade components as and when the others wear.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    2009 onwards are good. After that it's all about condition.
  • Yeah I don't mind going lower spec and upgrading. That's why I was looking at the trance 4 but if I can get a 2nd hand one in good condition I would rather do that.

So 2009 and upwards. Thanks guys!
    Mountain biking is the bicycle version or rallying, except you don't need a Co-Driver!
  • chrisw333
    chrisw333 Posts: 695
    2009-2013 I'd say. After that you start dealing with their oversized forks etc
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    Overdrive 2 is only an issue when trying to sell the original forks or fitting a new stem with the original forks, the frame will take a normal tapered steerer with a different headset.