What's best road bike lights & is the gabba any good

Whiteeddymurphy
Whiteeddymurphy Posts: 169
edited August 2014 in Road buying advice
Looking to buy some good quality bike lights that actually make you visible. Any suggestions. Budget of say £20-£30 per light

Also are the castelli long sleeve gabbas worth the money? Do they last? I presume they are really small fitting ? Thanks

Comments

• kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    The Gabba is a great piece of kit. And yes, the sizing does come up a little on the small side.
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    A few people i spoke with recommended the short sleeve gabba along with castelli arm warmers to allow more flexibility with changing weather conditions.

Peter
  • Check out Lezyne Micro Drives. Maybe a few quid more than you state, but very good lights. Alternatively, Moonshields.
  • Just as a heads up the short sleeve gabba is currently £90 at Evans.
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Just as a heads up the short sleeve gabba is currently £90 at Evans.

Shifting stock before the new model comes out. Long sleeve is £110.
  • Looking to buy some good quality bike lights that actually make you visible. Any suggestions. Budget of say £20-£30 per light

Also are the castelli long sleeve gabbas worth the money? Do they last? I presume they are really small fitting ? Thanks

No experience of the Gabba but Exposure Strada is a great road light.
  • Looking to buy some good quality bike lights that actually make you visible. Any suggestions. Budget of say £20-£30 per light

No experience of the Gabba but Exposure Strada is a great road light.
  • Philly8mt
    Philly8mt Posts: 552
    Gabba is great .. But ... Go short sleeve and add the arm warmers (Nanoflex I believe, I have the Sportful no rain ones) .. for versatility.

As someone mentioned earlier Evans have them on sale ... Well worth a dabble :)
    Still thinking of something clever to say!