Embarrassing Situation

SpencerM
SpencerM Posts: 10
edited August 2014 in Road beginners
Hey. I am having a bit of an embarrassing situation with cycling shorts. They are making it uncomfy to cycle around my groin area as my bits seem to be getting in the way. What can you do to deal with it?

Comments

• kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    Just to make sure you are not wearing anything underneath the shorts are you ?
  • SpencerM
    Kajjal wrote:
    Just to make sure you are not wearing anything underneath the shorts are you ?

I am comando under them and its bad
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Buy bib shorts. Buy a decent brand and one with less seams in the groin area. Make sure they have a chamois or seat pad. Remove your testicles.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,222
    Have a read of this: viewtopic.php?f=40013&t=12975408
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    I tend to find that I need to coil it around my waist a couple of times. That keeps it out of the way and stops it getting caught in the spokes.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    johngti wrote:
    I tend to find that I need to coil it around my waist a couple of times. That keeps it out of the way and stops it getting caught in the spokes.

That's a haemorrhoid you should have removed.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • SpencerM
    The problem is not that the package is 'big'' the opposite in fact. Due to that it rubbs even more than it should
  • SpencerM
    Bump...
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    philthy3 wrote:
    johngti wrote:

That's a haemorrhoid you should have removed.

Often thought about it but I've become rather attached to the old thing. It be like losing a friend.
  • BrandonA
    BrandonA Posts: 553
    Are you bibs too loose?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,128
    ^^^this

if the shorts are too loose there won't be enough tension to hold things out of harm's way, also more chance of chafing if everything is moving around
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • SpencerM
    BrandonA wrote:
    Are you bibs too loose?

They are the right size. I think its due to the positions of my lower area. It just sticks out and will rub my meat and sausage
  • Have you tried lifting it up and pointing upwards like in erect position? Lift everything up so its away from the saddle.

The pads shouldnt be rubbing. It should hold your junk in firmly. As mentioned already, I think you should try a smaller size. Also cheap shorts can be a problem. Generally shorts under 60 pounds are not very good.
  • SpencerM
    Have you tried lifting it up and pointing upwards like in erect position? Lift everything up so its away from the saddle.

The pads shouldnt be rubbing. It should hold your junk in firmly. As mentioned already, I think you should try a smaller size. Also cheap shorts can be a problem. Generally shorts under 60 pounds are not very good.

That is the position it is in naturally then when I cycle it rubs. I paid around 70ish at DW sports.
  • Try shortening the bib strap. Just fold it and hold it with safety pin. Failing that try one size shorter.
  • SpencerM
    Try shortening the bib strap. Just fold it and hold it with safety pin. Failing that try one size shorter.

Okay thank you. I was wondering if you are allowed to cycle in speeod type wear on road and in cycle trails or would it be considered obscene?
  • what like proper speedo swimming trunks?
  • NewTTer
    NewTTer Posts: 463
    SpencerM wrote:
    Try shortening the bib strap. Just fold it and hold it with safety pin. Failing that try one size shorter.

Okay thank you. I was wondering if you are allowed to cycle in speeod type wear on road and in cycle trails or would it be considered obscene?
    What do you mean ALLOWED, jeez man just wear what's comfortable, try underwear to see if it helps.
  • NewTTer
    NewTTer Posts: 463
    SpencerM wrote:
    BrandonA wrote:
    Are you bibs too loose?

They are the right size. I think its due to the positions of my lower area. It just sticks out and will rub my meat and sausage

This is your problem, most people would have what is described as meat and two veg, you may have something extra!

Ps having read your "allowed" thread I should just point out that this is not a serious reply, just humour
  • crannman
    crannman Posts: 99
    i wear pants i know you should go commando i also use sudocrem before and after it works for me