samuelld8
samuelld8 Posts: 23
edited August 2014 in Your road bikes
2013 Raleigh SP Race

Ultegra 6700 (6800 brakes)
BB30 FSA SL_K Carbon Compact Crankset
6700 11-28 Cassette

FSA SL-K 120mm stem
FSA K-Force zero setback carbon seat post (Chinese - £13!!! (no problems after 6 months of racing and hard riding))
Ritchey WCS Evo Curve Bar 40cm
ISM Adamo Road Saddle
105 5700 SPD-SL Carbon Pedals

Easton EA90 RT 2-way Wheelset, Dura Ace Freehub (yet to make the leap to tubeless)
Schwalbe Durano S Tyres (Ultremo ZX for Racing)

Elite Custom Bottle Cages
Cateye V2C Computer
Fizik Microtex Bar Tape
Jagwire Cables

Used for triathlons with clip on bars (hence the saddle and seat post), club/long rides and more recently crit/road races.

7b26c5ff-dc0c-47c0-a3d6-e8edb872005d_zpsadd6c348.jpg

Comments

• lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    How are you finding the wheels? I have a pair but can't ride them yet.
  • Couldn't use them until I got a cassette to fit the deep dura ace spline on the freehub. First use this weekend! A friend swears by them for climbing.
  • Seen a Militis around my way recently in the same colours. The pro-level Raleigh's look really nice bikes.
  • IrishMac
    IrishMac Posts: 328
    Well hello there! :shock:

Ain't seen another before :)
    You've been busy re-speccing it :P
    I've been thinking of getting the same callipers, stock ones left a lot to be desired, did you find you got much improvement?
    Member of Cuchulainn C.C. @badcyclist

Raleigh SP Race
    Trek 1.2
  • The Easton EA90 RT flexes alot sideways, very noticeable during cornering at angles, climbing wise it's decent but could be better coming from Easton. For the price sold on CRC nothing much to complain because they are solid winter wheels.
  • IrishMac - How's yours? I used to get a loud rattle from the brake cable in the top tube... cut the cable shorter which helped a little. Definitely upgrade the callipers. Easily the best change I've made! Put the stocks on the commuter but considering getting rid as they really are terrible.

lanevochris - First hard ride on the wheels yesterday, including a stint down a bumpy bridleway. Didn't notice any problems but I'm light so wheel flex is rarely an issue. First impression was that they're great for attacking a particularly sprinty club ride!
  • IrishMac
    Good, battle scarred from a racing season, performed quite well.
    Yeah, I get that too, comes and goes a bit, I just live with it :/ Dad suggested putting expanding foam inside the frame but I didn't like the sound of that at all.I'll give your suggestion a shot :D
    I found the crank creaks a bit, have to put an un-holy amount of grease on it to stop it happening, considering putting a Praxis Works adapter on it.
    RE the callipers music to my ears! :mrgreen: Been trying to convince Dad of this for ages! They look class on it :D

I put a chrome plated chain on it, found the standard KMC one was fine but prone to rust.

Raleigh SP Race
    Trek 1.2
  • Same with the cranks and the chain. Still happy with my choice of bike though! Always gets a double look when people realise it's a Raleigh. Any recommendations for a new chain? It's the final thing on the shopping list... along with a new seat post clamp... oh, and some titanium skewers etc etc...
  • MrGrumpy
    MrGrumpy Posts: 288
    Nice so whats the difference with that and the Militis ? I have the aforementioned in same colours as your one but with Sram Force. I love it it just flys!!
  • IrishMac
    So the SL-K crank stopped the creaking? Oh God same, I love it, plus I got it for 1400euro, left me with some money to upgrade it, which I haven't really done yet!Always wanted a Raleigh, was amazed tat I got this one! haha yeah, I've been accused of getting a spray job done on it and adding Raleigh stickers :P
    I got an FSA Team Issue 10-spd off of Wiggle. Looks good.
    I put Ultegra skewers on it, internal cam skewers are the most secure hands down.
    I'm looking at a clamp at the mo too :) Hope have nice ones.

@MrGrumpy My mates Dad has that model, it's a different frame with a very similar paint job.
    My mates Dad has that one, so it looks like mine. Meanwhile, another mate has a blue militis which looks like the Militis with Force, we're a funny looking trio

Raleigh SP Race
    Trek 1.2
  • MrGrumpy wrote:
    Nice so whats the difference with that and the Militis ? I have the aforementioned in same colours as your one but with Sram Force. I love it it just flys!!

This is the Militis .....

raleigh-militis-team-2014.jpg
  • Mac- still creaks occasionally, just got to take it out and re-grease it every so often. Best thing I've found about BB30 is how easy it is to remove the cranks so it's a quick job.

I like the beefiness of the Militis Race, especially the fork, but I don't think the price equates my ability level. Yet.

Time to start a 'Show us your modern Raleighs' thread?
  • IrishMac
    @Rickeverett Miltis comes in a paint job similar to the SP Race

Sam - Think I'll go for an adaptor eventually, would love to put a Rotor 3D crank on it.

It's about who's pushing the pedals, I've hammered Cervélo S5s this season, in turn I've been hammered by Trek 1.2s

Don't think we're that popular yet :/

Raleigh SP Race
    Trek 1.2
  • Nairnster
    Nairnster Posts: 602
    The one posted by Rick is the MilitisTeam. It also comes in Pro, Race, and Elite versions with different colour schemes
  • Reviews are very good....

http://road.cc/content/review/87692-raleigh-militis-3
    http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/cate ... -14-48544/

wish we can see more Raleighs on the road again. :(
  • IrishMac
    Sorry my last comment meant to read that Mr.Grumpy's had a similar paint job

Raleigh SP Race
    Trek 1.2
  • hi all, just seen this post, reply to rickeverett, NOOOOOOOOOOOO ! these are hidden treasures, when you pull up on one and people take a second/third glance. You just smile and think I have one you don`t. Am lucky enough to own three of these, all different ranging from 2011-2013. Superb bikes, would highly recommend, but would like to keep this a secret so SHHHHHHHHHHHH ! :wink: